By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what is the best series of all-time?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Slimebeast said:
Another thread for the purpose of giving Nintendo-people an orgasm.

I don't understand. Are you implying that because Nintendo has the best series' of all time, that a thread asking that question, which has an obvious answer, is a Nintendo pride parade?

Is it like asking which console has best online would be considered XBL pandering?

It's true. You're absolutely correct. Nintendo does have the best series' of all time and even asking that question is pandering to Nintendo fanboys because the answer is obvious, and the question never even needed to be asked. You are 100 percent correct sir. Only Final Fantasy comes close and not even it was able to keep up the quality of the Mario or Zelda series, to this very day.

Pretty much yes. At least the majority on this site look at it that way, as if there is no need for debate over who has the best series. It's Nintendo and the only thing that matters is to choose between Mario and Zelda.

Around the Network

I haven't played enough console games, but I think overall Mario (not all the games, but especially Mario 64 and Super Mario World) and Grand Theft Auto.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

pokemon, mario, fifa, final fantasy

1. Final Fantasy/Metal Gear Solid (I ca't choose between to brothers)

2. Pokemon

3. Mario

4. Gran Turismo

5. GTA

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

metal gear solid

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

Around the Network

Monkey Island

I say Ogre Series.

Quake, resident evil

Kasz216 said:

I say Ogre Series.

High five, sir. High five.

For me, it comes down to three series which are characterized by brutal, unerring quality and exploration of what can be done with their respective genres:

the Legend of Zelda,

Mother,

and the Ogre series.

Those three are tops, no questions asked.

Gran Turismo