By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PSP HDTV compatible?

Sweet! FFT is in the mail right now. I need to get that game, and play it on my HDTV. I have PSP slim aswell.

uh... do I want to buy a component cable, or a composite cable? I will be pluggin the cable directly into my HDTV, which is up to 720P, not 1080p

Around the Network
Videogirl said:
This guy is playing GoW : CoO on his HDTV :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHO3e9y7y9U

So basically my games will look 5 times as good (no screen portector, and much bigger)

I'll get this for sure. 1/2 the time I play PSP its at home anyway becuase so far all the PSP games I have bought>Wii games that I have but havn't beaten yet (super monkey ball wii, ect)

You definitely want component cables for that HDTV.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

2.5 meters is 8 feet, right? Since it goes in the back of my HDTV, that means I will be able to sit 4-6 feet away from the TV? I sit 5-5 1/2 feet from my TV anyway.

Hawkeye said:

Sweet! FFT is in the mail right now. I need to get that game, and play it on my HDTV. I have PSP slim aswell.

uh... do I want to buy a component cable, or a composite cable? I will be pluggin the cable directly into my HDTV, which is up to 720P, not 1080p

The composite (3 prongs) cables only allow for playing stored audio and video and UMD movies AND DOES NOT ALLOW FOR THE PLAYBACK OF GAMES. In order to do all the things the PSP can do on a TV (including playing the games), you NEED the Component cables (5 prong). You are right about the sitting distances.

Around the Network

PSP Slim is only HD compatible from what I know when it comes to videogames. Your TV has to support atleast 480p or the game won't play.
I took my friends PSP to Cuba and was treated to this very nice fine print surprise...

disolitude said:
PSP Slim is only HD compatible from what I know when it comes to videogames. Your TV has to support atleast 480p or the game won't play.
I took my friends PSP to Cuba and was treated to this very nice fine print surprise...

Wow, that sucks. Most hotel rooms use SDTV. Fortunatly I game on an HDTV :P I need a 360 or blu ray player or something to take advatage of it though... just ordered wii cables...

Thanks for the heads up Dogs Rule!

Got the component 5 prong for $12.75. Thanks for helping me out you guys :D

Well dont expect much . Ive played Logans Shadow on a HDTV an dit didnt blew me away :( Still it loomks as good as most PS2 games :) To bad Sony never made this availible for SDTVs tough ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!