By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PSP HDTV compatible?

I want to get a video out cable so I can play PSP on a bigger screen. Is PSP compatible with an HDTV? I know PSP widescreen, so it should fit on my widescreen TV, but will the picture be really grainy the way my N64 is? Or will modern games like GoW look good? What about games on things like Sega Genesis collection? Will they be grainy? Thanks for clearing this up :D

Around the Network

It doesn't up-convert the graphics--they'd need HD-quality textures to be able to do that, something I definitely don't think they crammed onto a 1.8 gb UMD.

The game will look exactly as it does not, but blown-up. It would still look good if you think it looks good now

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
It doesn't up-convert the graphics--they'd need HD-quality textures to be able to do that, something I definitely don't think they crammed onto a 1.8 gb UMD.

The game will look exactly as it does not, but blown-up. It would still look good if you think it looks good now

So... it would get all grainy? Some games look better blown up. I have lunar magic for making my own mario levels on ym computer, and when I go to play them, it looks better full screen than when its in the tiny defualt box. You never know. I guess I will just have to try it out and see ;)

You can only play the games on an HDTV, but it won't be full screen

Here is an image of someone doing it. As you can see, if you look closely, about 70% of the diagonal screen is used for the game. The graphics look pretty sharp despite being blown up so much.

I'll definetly consider buying this. :)

Around the Network

psp slim only does that.....just a reminder

Dogs Rule said:

Here is an image of someone doing it. As you can see, if you look closely, about 70% of the diagonal screen is used for the game. The graphics look pretty sharp despite being blown up so much.

I'll definetly consider buying this. :)

Yeah, sprite-based games wouldn't get affected so much.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I see your point, KitchenSink. Do you have first hand experience with it?

Anyways, the cables are 2.5meters in length in case you were wondering.

This guy is playing GoW : CoO on his HDTV :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHO3e9y7y9U

I have played WipEout Pulse on a 32" HDTV, but I had to draw up a chair to play, though it is a little odd but I did find it better than just playing on a screen. I find it useful when I am holiday, because via remote play, I can watch videos that I have connected to my PS3 in an external hard drive