By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wall Street analysts comments on the NPD v VGChartz debate

congrats on more kudos, ioi. Haters can hate and make accusations, but your accuracy speaks for itself.

I do worry to an extent though. Acting like the bigger man and taking the high road may sound good in theory, but the reality is mudslinging is extremely effective. How often do you see politicians actually take the high road? They may claim they will, but it always comes down to talking trash, why? Because it works. Swift boating and mcCarthyism are very powerful tools.

But hey, it hasn't destroyed VGchartz yet, so keep fighting the good fight. That is to say, just keep providing the numbers. Bang up job, old bean.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Let's not hate on NPD now. They're doing a fine job. Can't all the tracking services just get along?

Why can't X360 owners just be happy that Metal Gear Solid 4 sold well on Ps3?

Why can't people on the Internet be happy that Carnival Games is selling great?

1. Fanboys are immature.

2. Carnival Games is an average to mediocre game.

=p Awesome!

As many have pointed out, we have no reason to attack NPD. Play nice here.

Good article. As it says, there is no such thing as perfect accuracy. In the end all retail trackers can do is provide ballpark numbers.

lolz who r u kiddin vgcharts r just guestimates u all suck oh btw ps3 0wns wii

In other news, this is great publicity for VGChartz. The hardware sales are just very accurate and there's no denying it. Granted, software numbers aren't up to par all the time, but we're getting there. But yeah, great news, this.

Around the Network

Sweet! We all got some props from this guy.

"VGChartz is a user-based community of video game enthusiasts/experts"

Meister?

Dmeister?

No? It cant be..

Anyhow, this is good for the site, and many others have been defending it. Especially on gametrailers =D

mM

Damn ioi, what have you done to Meister?

That guy's out for blood.

Passarella's rebuttal is great too.

Lol at NPD.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

The detractors are starting to sound like broken records. They all claim the same thing but never present it in a fashion that doesn't sound like it came from their ass.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"