By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Brother is getting a PS3

He is looking at the 40GB. If you guys can tell me if you can play ps ans ps2 games on it and tell me some goods games..etc.. Thanks

also what is with install times?

Around the Network

You can't play PS2 games on the 40 gig.

On the 40 gig u cant play ps2 or ps1 games.
For the games to buy he should look for, recently released metal gear solid 4 , call of duty 4 , grand theft auto 4

Tbone said:
On the 40 gig u cant play ps2 or ps1 games.
For the games to buy he should look for, recently released metal gear solid 4 , call of duty 4 , grand theft auto 4

that's wrong,,on 40 gig you can't play PS2,but you CAN play PS1 games

on the 80 gig (MGS4 bundle)you can play PS1,PS2,and ofcourse PS3 games.

Cant play PS2 games on the 40gb. Best to try and get a 80GB MGS4 bundle. Also get Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction.

Around the Network

Yeah he is getting mostly because mgs4. But that kinda sucks that on the 40gb no ps2 games. Anybody know how warhawk is?

@TBone
You can play PS1 games, as one of the appeals for PS3, you can play any PSone game (nearly) and stream them to your PSP over internet or local network.

Oh, already been mentioned, nevermind.

Games I'd recommend, Uncharted, MGS4 and Super Stardust HD from PSN.

Hmm, pie.

Wiitard448 said:
Yeah he is getting mostly because mgs4. But that kinda sucks that on the 40gb no ps2 games. Anybody know how warhawk is?

why doesn't he get the MGS4 bundle?that's 80 GB PS3 (so it plays PS1 and PS2 games aswell) and it has DualShock 3 controller,more usb ports,memroy card slots for camera and a free copy of MGS4 in the box.it's sold out now but gamestop.com is getting the pre-orders for the next week(or end of this week ,,i m not sure).

about warhawk:

if you like online gaming it 's fun and kinda addicting,,,but there is no single player campagin,,,,

here are some of my suggestions:

MGS4

uncharted

ratchet and clanck

heavenly sword

burnout paradise

Devil may cry 4

Didnt know that u could play ps games on 40 gig

i told him about the bundle but it is his money so he does whatever he wants.