By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Brother is getting a PS3

One day they'll firmware the ps2 for 40 gig :P I hopes for peoples sake. TBH I hardly play ps2 games anymore - too many ps3 games to play and clock.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network

That is what my brother is thinking probaly. We did not have a ps2 so he thinks there is no need to get the higher GB ps3.

Wiitard448 said:
i told him about the bundle but it is his money so he does whatever he wants.

I know ,,,it's his money and he should do what he likes with it ,,,,I just mentioned 80 GB as it is a better deal:

you pay 399 for 40GB +60 MGS4=$460

for 40 bucks more you get lots of additional stuff from PS2 bakward compatiblity to dualshock 3 controller

anyways 40 GB might also get a patch in future to be bakward compatible,,,so he should be fine either way.

If he never had a PS2 then it's even more reason to get the 80 gig.  Pick up a handful of great PS2 games for $50 while you are waiting for the good PS3 games to get a price drop. 

I'd suggest the 80 gig still.  If he wants MGS4 it means the 80 gig is only $40 more.  If he doesn't he can sell it on ebay for $40 and the 80 gig is only $60 more.  For that you get.

4 USB ports.  If you plan on getting rock band/guitar hero, this is big because it lets you use all 4 instruments at one time versus buying a USB hub ($10) and plugging it into that.

40 gig seems like a lot but it's not.  If you get MGS4 and Devil May Cry 4, they each have a mandatory 5 gig install.  So that is 10 gig right there.  After the operating system, you'll have something like 33 gig left.  Oh GTA 4 has a mandatory install as well.  So even if you don't plan on downloading alot, if you have 6 games that require 5 gig installs, you are out of memory. 

Even if your a Nintendo or Microsoft fanboy, you really should have PS2.  There are so many great games for it.  And they cost $130 now and don't have wireless controllers included.  So it's really a bargain to get the 80 gig.

i did not relize the 40gb will run out of memory so fast i will def push for him to get the bundle and i did not know the bundle was that cheap.

Around the Network

It plays ps1 games and not ps2. The best games are definatley warhawk, metal gear solid, resitance fall of man and uncharted is looks amazing. You might want to try rachet and clank. If your interested in graphics get gran turismo 5 prolouge for only £17.50, looks like a photo! But i highly reccomend waarhawk, you can get it from store for only £20 and there are currently 2 expansion which are awesome!

Predictions for end of 2008

PS3 - 18 million

360 - 22million

Wii - 30 million

Another happy PS3 owner. PS3 is the best. MGS 4 is only the beginning. I am looking forward to FF XIII and GT 5 to arrive.

Why don't they have the 80GB PS3 in Europe?