By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of Symphonia 2 review tidbits

Garcian Smith said:
I would have thought that people (besides me, and apparently Soriku) had realized by now that Famitsu is unreliable when it comes to reviews.

Anyway, the fact that this game is harder than the first alone will have me buying it. I don't think I died even once in the first ToS or in TotA on the PS2.
Its the only gaming mag we can have reviews and new information about gaming in japan though, do we really have a choice?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

I am now expecting Vesperia to get a better review. The score ToS:DotNW got was decent but not that great.

EDIT: Lost Odyssey was said to be a bit unpolished and it managed to get a 36/40(9,9,9,9)

I think this game must need to be a million seller in japan alone to warrant third parties to make quality games on the Wii and not shovel us with casual crap. Anyway, good review.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Soriku said:
yushire said:
I think this game must need to be a million seller in japan alone to warrant third parties to make quality games on the Wii and not shovel us with casual crap. Anyway, good review.

No other Tales of game has hit 1 mil in Japan only. Don't count on it. Though near 200k preorders/reservations in Japan is really good.

Actually, none of the Tales of games sold 1 million copies in Japan only.  Tales of Destiny was relatively close though with nearly 900K in Japan alone

yushire said:

Thats a pretty tall order considering no tales game has sold 1million in Japan alone. Highest selling Tales games in japan is around 800-900k-ish. If this does 300k-ish that should be good. 500k would be awesome, but we'll just have to wait and see.

*Edit

^ beat me to the reply =)

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
yushire said:

No other Tales of game has hit 1 mil in Japan only. Don't count on it. Though near 200k preorders/reservations in Japan is really good.

Actually, none of the Tales of games sold 1 million copies in Japan only. Tales of Destiny was relatively close though with nearly 900K in Japan alone

Don't you mean Tales of Destiny 2? I'm not sure how ToD sold but I know ToD2 sold near 900k in Japan. Why Namco didn't localize it I don't know! :(

The reason why ToD2 was never released here was because ToD and ToE were commercial faliures in the US market depite being big hits in Japan.  Namco America is to blame for the sales faliure of the Tales series in the US market.

Hawkeye said:
I am guessing it's going to be a 7.5/8 out of ten game. Using in-game monsters for battles look really stupid, and it looks like characters from the old game randomly come and go. The plots liekly to be slightly worse than the orignal too. Still looking forward to it; I loved the origianl, and I want to see Zelos, Collette, Kratos, and Lloyd again!

Well what the hell were they supposed to use? Paper cut outs?

Don't you mean Tales of Destiny 2? I'm not sure how ToD sold but I know ToD2 sold near 900k in Japan. Why Namco didn't localize it I don't know! :(

Tales of Destiny.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"