By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of Symphonia 2 review tidbits

http://gonintendo.com/?p=46610

- Improvements over ToS such when it comes to tempo, production value, and strategy
- tons of events
- battles are more difficult
- could have used more polish
- You don’t need to play the Cube outing to enjoy this title, but you’ll get a much richer experience if you have played it

Nothing mentioned about the score

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Someone posted the score on IGN boards..

I recall it get 8/8/8/7

Decent..Does anyone remember what score the previous game get

The reported Famitsu Score is 8,8,8,7

The Below info is from http://ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=11621380&postcount=92

Alright, now that the full transcription of the ToS Wii cross review is out, I think I can make a few additions/clarifications :

- They mention how game feels fresh thanks to the fact that it differs from the original ToS in many ways, while still retaining the "Tales of" charm.
- I incorrectly reported the "the game would have benefited from more polish" bit. Actually, with its original context, it seems like it was only part of a statement mentioning how the reviewer would have wanted more twist to be added to the monsters training system.
- The removal of the map and the new monsters training system also contribute to improve the tempo and elevate the strategic aspects of the game.
- the Elemental Grid is another addition to the old ToS battle system.
- the reviewer which gave the worst rating states that while the battles are rather fast and easy, the tempo and scenario development are good, the characters are lively, and the game retains the series' charm.

Oh For anyone that is interested. Here are the scores of previous tales games

Phantasia(SFC)  8769 30
Destiny (PS)  8788 31
Eternia (PS)    9888 33
Destiny 2(PS2) 9888 33
Symphonia (GC)  9889 34
Rebirth (PS2)    8888 32
Legendia (PS2) 8888 32
Abyss (PS2)     9999 36
Tempest (DS)    7777 28
Innocence (DS)  9989 35

Not bad for a JRPG game the scores I mean, I wonder how will this stand up for MGS4 I hope it sells well in Japan.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

I am guessing it's going to be a 7.5/8 out of ten game. Using in-game monsters for battles look really stupid, and it looks like characters from the old game randomly come and go. The plots liekly to be slightly worse than the orignal too. Still looking forward to it; I loved the origianl, and I want to see Zelos, Collette, Kratos, and Lloyd again!

i expected it to get a higher score then that but the comments about the game itself are still positive, so far reviews just say that it lacks polish which isn't that big a deal i guess.

as long as the game is enjoyable i don't mind, this seems like a good rpg which i am definantly getting, the review scores don't matter to me that much

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Remind you that an Opoona got the exact same score from Famitsu and look what it did concerning reviews in the West. I wonder if that game even deserved lower scores. Don't have the game myself (yet).

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I need to go to the store to check out the Famitsu mag., hehe.

Only 1 more week until release :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I would have thought that people (besides me, and apparently Soriku) had realized by now that Famitsu is unreliable when it comes to reviews.

Anyway, the fact that this game is harder than the first alone will have me buying it. I don't think I died even once in the first ToS or in TotA on the PS2.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom