By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Congrats PS3 and MGS4 For Top WW This Week Thread

Great job Sony. A fitting farewell to a great series. Great for gaming as a whole. This holidays lineup, regardless of system owned, may end my marriage, lol. Not to mention the time sucking possibilities that StarCraft 2 may provide if the current release aimed at December 3rd remains in tact. Oh and ROTLK's crack inducing type addiction may finally ensure the earth implodes!!

Around the Network

*signs* Playstation lives on!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

It won't last, but no reason not to celebrate it while its here.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Zucas said:
Ya know this may be the first time in awhile that one game is #1 on all 3 individual charts. I mean not only do you need a universal release, or awesome legs, but consistent in all regions. Congrats to MGS4 for that.

You're probably right, 360 would struggle to get a No 1 ranking in Japan, and 1st party Nintendo frequently have very different release dates in different regions.

Congrats to MGSIV and PS3 for awesome sales (although I would like to add that the title is misleading, unles the Japanese sales push it over (which is possible) then the Wii will still be top WW)

The impact of this will probably be reasonably long reaching, due to supply issues of the 80gb bundle

Congratulations to Konami and Sony for being on top. I only hope we will see more awesome games from Kojima-san in the future. Regardless of the platform or series.

Around the Network

great job, but i'm sick of these threads. If there were this many threads about the Wii winning a week, there would be 10,000 by now.

Thanks Kojima san and Kojima Productions for an awesome game. Long live Snake :( and Sony :)

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

leo-j said:
And to think 90% of the people(ROL STOPPABLE) all expected sony to drop out of the race in 2008(JOHAN LUCAS )

Heck some thought the PS3 would barely make 5.5 million LTD sales (SORIKU).

How nice to see such a turn around all becuase of a price cut and one AAA game =D

What about the other 10% of the people that expected sony to drop out?

congratulations to sony and metal gear for taking #1 in WW sales, cant wait to see other exclusives boost up the sales

tekken 6
socom comfromtation
little big planet
final fantasy 13/versus
resistance 2
and others

congrats PS3 :)

oh yeah, MGS4 is really amazing as well