By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Starts Aggresive XOX 360 Ad Campaign

Microsoft started an aggresive XBOX 360 ad campaign targeting males 18-34. If you watched Television last night and watched any show targeting males 18-34 you saw at least one Xbox 360 commercial. If you watched WWE Monday Night Raw you saw six 360 commercials during the two hour program. The ads were pushing GTA IV, Ninja Gaiden II, Hulk, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit.

MS also kept emphesising that the start price was only $279 (Arcade of course). Also, MS was pushing XBOX Live as all the commercials said "Play with your friends on XBOX Live."

I ask, do you think the MGS launch and Mays NPD numbers finally woke up MS? And they will start to be competitive advertising wise with Sony versus being laid back and happy with second place in the console race in North America.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network

I'm not sure this is necessary just yet. Every company will get to shine this year...

Wii did its push with Bawll, Mario Kart and Wii Fit.

PS3 did it with MGS4 and GT5P

Microsoft should wait for Fable 2, Too Human and maybe Banjo before they start advertising heavy.

Yea I saw those commercials but the only one I saw that was advertising the 360 version was GTA IV. Could be that when I saw Hulk I didnt really care enough to see the whole trailer so IDK if it was advertising the 360 version only. To answer ur question, I dont think that it woke MS up, cuz around my way, I always see a bunch of 360 commercials, like I'll say it's a 60-40 split between MS and Sony in terms of commercials. I do agree with u that maybe the launch of MGS4 might make MS more aggressive

drop the price, and sales will get a massive boost. I am pretty sure that many consumers know that it is coming in a matter of time so they are waiting for that

MS has money to waste. They can do this if they want with no repercussion haha. I mean this is normal for them.

Around the Network

I've been watching Ninja Gaiden and Burst Limit ads for some time now, lemmie guess u just turned off your console for the first time in a long while huh?

Wouldn't you want to target an audience that DOESN'T know about your product and its capabilities. I'm pretty sure most 18-34 males know about the 360.

Ive been seeing lots of PS3 commercials regarding, GT5, LBP, and MGS4 as well.

mM

Only commercial I keep seeing is Wii Fit I was good the first few times but after it being on 5 times in a hour got on my nerves!

Former something....

I been seeing Ninja Gaiden 2 and GTA 4 commercials for a while.