By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - do you think metal gear solid will stay ps3 exclusive?

leo-j said:
I Perdict said:
leo-j said:
Shameless said:
I Perdict said:

lol...

How naive are you to believe that one 20 second codec conversation can't be changed or removed from the game? It's not even about the 360 either, it's about the first MGS which was on two discs.

Thats just 1% of whats in the game that shows its never going to another platform.

Sixaxis? am I right?

Yea, but there are tons more, dont reveal it because it could actually spoil the game experience.

Yea, its not like they changed the PS1 in MGS1 to a Gamecube when they made Twin Snakes. And what else was there besides the crass product placement and "disc usage warning" at the loading screen.

Personally I think MGS4 will be ported to another platform at some point. It could be the 360 this gen, or the PC later on. It may even be a remake next generation. But overall I doubt that this game will remain exclusive.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

MGS 4 for sell very well on PS3 system so this game remain exclusive.

End of 2k9

PS3 - 28,000,000

XO - 34,000,000

GT:ProChaoS360

I don't think so, although during this generation it might stay exclusive...

Both MGS and MGS2 got remade for other platforms - PC/Xbox/Gamecube depending on which game. MGS3 didn't though, so we'll have to wait and see.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

leo-j said:
Jlmadyson said:
I do believe it will hit the 360 some time. No earlier than 6 months most likely. With all the rumors that have swept this game of so long going mulit plus the Konami we will take a money hat no problem talk, yes I do believe it will go multi eventually. I have it on the PS3 and that little bit of code in their can be changed in about two seconds.

If you honestly have it on the PS3 you would know that you d have to completely remake the game for it to be on the XBOX 360 with whats in it alone, not to mention the cost to actually code it to run on the XBOX 360.

Have it, played it, beat it and going to play again. I see no reason why this couldn't be ported pretty much like any other game besides space issues. They would have to do at least 2 or 3 discs, but besides that no. Rumble isn't an issue either becuase that can be done as well.  MS would have to pay for a nice port job, but other than that I don't really see any issues outside any other port and supposedly it should be easier right PS3 to 360 ports, heh.

you can keep it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
I don't think so, although during this generation it might stay exclusive...

Both MGS and MGS2 got remade for other platforms - PC/Xbox/Gamecube depending on which game. MGS3 didn't though, so we'll have to wait and see.

That surprises me the most cus MGS3 sold the LEAST....so it had more of an incentive to be remade to get more money.......

As for MGS4....no, its selling Extremely well from what we know...so they have no reason

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

MrBubbles said:
you can keep it.

Oh... didn't know we needed your permission but thanks. that means alot.

I think sony helped make msg4 a lot so I doubt it will go to any other place. Sony even backing it with launch bundle deals and everything.

MrBubbles said:
you can keep it.

Deep inside you know you want it.............but I guess you will never have it

^_^

mgs4 is ps3 exclusive and is the greatest game ever made. if you want to play the magnificence of this game, get a ps3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...