By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wiifit : chance it is a fad grows bigger

It's a bit difficult to supply enough copies when the game includes a peripheral that has to be made in the same factories as the Wii and other Wii accessories and controllers.

These factories are already at their limit with production of Wii consoles and controllers/accessories. Add another peripheral and one could imagine how difficult it is to keep up.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

How many seperate controllers for the X360 and PS3 has been sold? I can't find a way to downplay Wii Fit sales no matter how hard I try.

Another piece of evidence of supplies playing a role is last weeks Other sales, it went from 56 thousand to 25 thousand, you could argue is dropped to less then half, then it shot up to 66 thousand. So something similiar could happen this week in the us.

Nintendo ships bi-weekly, the first week you will normally see a high then the next a low, and the next a high and after that a low.

I hate their monday release thing... they should make it friday so you have the weekend to enjoy whatever you bought.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

The Same reason as last time one of these stupid threads came up:

S - U - P - P - L - Y proplem and thats it

Of course it sold we in Japan every week, it was the ONLY region that had hit and they cant make millions and millions of balance boards every month.

W ii fit is sold out in every major and minor store where I live and all of the major internet gaming sites here in Sweden are completly sold out.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Hey kirby007, you barely made it back and everyone wants to kill you again. Friendly fire is strong in this thread. I think your concern is valid (even though I agree with the supply argument). Take it easy and don`t get banned again (even if some users give you reasons to).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I never expected this to be huge in Eu/Others, but the NA drop-off seems to be directly casued by supply issues.

Kirby: i hope you read though the responses in this thread. Most of them were "It's not in supply, silly!" and that's the truth. So now you have that pounded into your head and we can worry about whether or not Wii Fit is a fad, and even whether or not the most quickly selling home console of all time is a fad once both of them are consistently in stock.

lazyrider said:
Very hard to find (Belgium/Luxembourg). I have to get one for my sister by the end of the week and it's not looking good.

From what I read here, it looks like supply is low pretty much everywhere (except Japan). So until Nintendo get there act together with supply, we won't really know if it's a fad now will we?

My guess is that it can sell a lot more and for a long time (ie I don't think it's a fad...).

Drive over the border to Germany, go to the next MediaMarkt/ Saturn and pick it up.

You are welcome.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

^Is there one in Trier? If I am able to find one, you are a life saver !!

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.