By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ninja Gaiden 2 What a Game...

Million said:
NG 2 is alright but nothing special , you remind me of my lil brother who tries to use reverse psycology on me when he gets the crappier version of the same thing " aw this icecream rocks look at the colours on that ..." .

What are you even talking about?

If you're going to troll at least be specific.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
eNamrah said:
smbu2000 said:
NG2 definitely kicks ass! I've been having a blast with it. It can be hard though. I've just started level 5 (warrior mode) and I've died like 20-30 times, haha. The tests of valor are pretty tough as well. I haven't had time to play the past few days as I was away from home/playing my new ds lite, hehe, so I haven't advanced yet.

The camera isn't too bad once you get used to it. I do occasionally use the centering camera, but adjusting the camera with the right stick is essential. I didn't have as much trouble with the camera with DMC4, but NG2 is a much better game than DMC4,IMO.

The only Test of Valor I had trouble with was 5 (on chapter 7). Having to fight 10+ (although not all at once) of those mecha soldiers while ninja's are shooting rockets at you = not fun. It's definitely the hardest one. Flying swallow FTW!

People that complain about the camera either: 1. haven't taken the time to master the camera's controls or 2. are too lazy to realize that you can change the camera height, etc. on the settings menu.

Changing the camera height isn't in the demo I downloaded.  Are you saying this is in the full game?  Would you please double check to be sure?

Thanks

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

NJ5 said:
Million said:
NG 2 is alright but nothing special , you remind me of my lil brother who tries to use reverse psycology on me when he gets the crappier version of the same thing " aw this icecream rocks look at the colours on that ..." .

What are you even talking about?

If you're going to troll at least be specific.

LOL.

Can someone explain what has changed about the camera going from NG1 to NG2. I don't remember having any issues with it in Sigma.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jman8 said:
Can someone explain what has changed about the camera going from NG1 to NG2. I don't remember having any issues with it in Sigma.

I'm actually replaying Sigma the same time I'm playing NG2.  I don't know if you've played the second but to me the camera seems the exact same as in Sigma.  At the beginning of the game in NG2 there is a lot of close quarters fighting in hallways so some of the initial impression from the game is that it is not as good but I've played this series to death and don't see a difference.  If it was fine in the first to you then it'll probably be fine in the second.  If you didn't like it then I don't think this will change your mind.  It honestly doesn't bother me at all.

The biggest difference I've seen between the two is that it seems combat and combo's have really sped up in the second installment.  The number of enemies on screen at the same time has also increased quite a bit.  It seems like in NG1/Sigma you were usually only fighting 3-4 enemies at the most at once.  This is usually double and they are much more lethal.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network
jasonnc80 said:
jman8 said:

I'm actually replaying Sigma the same time I'm playing NG2. I don't know if you've played the second but to me the camera seems the exact same as in Sigma. At the beginning of the game in NG2 there is a lot of close quarters fighting in hallways so some of the initial impression from the game is that it is not as good but I've played this series to death and don't see a difference. If it was fine in the first to you then it'll probably be fine in the second. If you didn't like it then I don't think this will change your mind. It honestly doesn't bother me at all.

The biggest difference I've seen between the two is that it seems combat and combo's have really sped up in the second installment. The number of enemies on screen at the same time has also increased quite a bit. It seems like in NG1/Sigma you were usually only fighting 3-4 enemies at the most at once. This is usually double and they are much more lethal.

I think the complaints are that the camera wasn't "fixed" it certainly didn't get any worse, having only played Ninja Gaiden 1(not Black or Sigma) it's not any worse.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

BCrayfish said:
I guess I would say I liked the game overall, but I still prefer the original. It's really the small things that bother me. Fighting on water is a pain in the butt. Enemies shouldn't be able to be knocked me out of essence moves. And of course you have to fight the camera just as hard as the enemies in the game.

That being said I still feel this game is heads and tails above other hack'n'slash games. For me, the enemies being more then just cannon fodder is what really sets this game apart. Instead of just sitting there waiting for you to chop your head off they’re actively trying to take you out.

Yeah, it's a real hardcore game. The only other hack n' slash that qualifies in the last few years is the original and special editions of DMC3, and Ninja Gaiden 1 and all its ports.

Some people don't like those games. DMC3 was flamed by a lot of reviewers for its difficulty and camera as well. It's still considered the best game in the series though, to the people who generally play those types of games a lot.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

kn said:
eNamrah said:
smbu2000 said:
NG2 definitely kicks ass! I've been having a blast with it. It can be hard though. I've just started level 5 (warrior mode) and I've died like 20-30 times, haha. The tests of valor are pretty tough as well. I haven't had time to play the past few days as I was away from home/playing my new ds lite, hehe, so I haven't advanced yet.

The camera isn't too bad once you get used to it. I do occasionally use the centering camera, but adjusting the camera with the right stick is essential. I didn't have as much trouble with the camera with DMC4, but NG2 is a much better game than DMC4,IMO.

The only Test of Valor I had trouble with was 5 (on chapter 7). Having to fight 10+ (although not all at once) of those mecha soldiers while ninja's are shooting rockets at you = not fun. It's definitely the hardest one. Flying swallow FTW!

People that complain about the camera either: 1. haven't taken the time to master the camera's controls or 2. are too lazy to realize that you can change the camera height, etc. on the settings menu.

Changing the camera height isn't in the demo I downloaded. Are you saying this is in the full game? Would you please double check to be sure?

Thanks

Just checked and apparently I was mistaken. I could've sworn it had the option, but it only has the options to change the 1st/3rd person camera's control (vertical/horizontal/inverted etc.) and speed (slow or fast). I hadn't played the game since June 14th, so I should've checked for sure before I posted.  Sorry about that.

i played the demo it was good,i think black is better though,but i still havent gotten the full version

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Ninja Gaiden has the best combat mechanics in the genre, easily.

Only problem is, seems like Team Ninja has rested on that for the next gen leap. While the combat is still awesome, camera is terrible and unplayable at times, graphics aren't exactly cutting edge and where as I loved NG1 for being hard, I loathe NG2 for being cheap (cough bosses cough).

That's the only reason I see GoW > NG because GoW is closer to the total package, where as Ninja Gaiden only has the best fundamentals (combat).