By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A Ban on members with

There's a rather funny new user here, who has created precisely 3 threads, which are his only 3 posts. FURTHERMORE, ALL THOSE THREADS HAVE TITLES WRITTEN IN CAPS. Those threads are:

"WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF MICROSOFT KEEPS *STEALING* PS3 EXCLUSIVES"

"TWO BIG FIGHTERS COMING UP WHICH WILL SELL MORE TEKKEN 6 OR SOUL CALIBUR4"

"2 BIG RPG'S coming up FFXIII AND FABLE 2 WHAT WILL B BETTER AND Y"

The posts are, of course, one-liners.

This is forum pollution, and should surely warrant a warning.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Auron said:
I disagree, i think they should be allowed to post no matter what their post count. Limit their thread creation to 1 a day though. The English part i disagree since English is my third language and i often make dumbass mistakes lol.

IF English really is you're third language, you must be a language expert, because I rarely see you make mistakes.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Auron said:
I disagree, i think they should be allowed to post no matter what their post count. Limit their thread creation to 1 a day though. The English part i disagree since English is my third language and i often make dumbass mistakes lol.

IF English really is you're third language, you must be a language expert, because I rarely see you make mistakes.

I've been in school in the U.S. from 8th grade to now and i'm in law school. So that is roughly 9-10 years.

Perhaps there should be a threshold on users with 50 or less posts. If you're reading this ioi could this ever be intergrated into this site?

NJ5 said:

There's a rather funny new user here, who has created precisely 3 threads, which are his only 3 posts. FURTHERMORE, ALL THOSE THREADS HAVE TITLES WRITTEN IN CAPS. Those threads are:

Maybe they have broken shift keys...

Around the Network
Auron said:
starcraft said:
Auron said:

I've been in school in the U.S. from 8th grade to now and i'm in law school. So that is roughly 9-10 years.

Plenty of errors, but in general, you are no worse than most people who have English as a first language.  Not your only mistake, but the most annoying (for me) to read is the lack of capatalizing the word I.  At least you are not shouting with the caps lock on, which is a far worse offense...

a mod can just close down a thread so it dont really matter

Lazyrider is a good example why this shouldnt be done, he is obviously not out to waste everyones time, he does speak good English and he genuinley needed help with a problem.

Although there are some good reasons why this should be done overall I dont agree.

It would also discourage lurkers from converting to members knowing that they would kind of be discriminated against for having a low post count lol!

I love the way you wrote that post with some piss-poor English. Seriously; pot, kettle, black all spring to mind.

Munkeh111 said:
NJ5 said:

Maybe they have broken shift keys...

I think you are on to something. In the thread titles, he writes all caps. In the post contents, he writes without any caps at all. Must be some weird bug.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957