By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2 BIG RPG'S coming up FFXIII AND FABLE 2 WHAT WILL B BETTER AND Y

They're too different; it's all about opinions and not about quality. I'll probably prefer FFXIII but that's only because 1) I like FFs and 2) most WRPGs suck (they're too generic; I want epic RPGs).

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
makingmusic476 said:
sc94597 said:
Rath said:
sc94597 said:
Rath said:
Ones a hack'n'slash WRPG coming out soon, one is a turn based JRPG coming out in a year or so. What makes them comparable?

Where have you been. Final Fantasy isn't turnbased anymore.

It's not? To be honest I haven't played a FF since IX. When did they become real time?

XII, That is one of the reasons why alot of people were angry with XII.

Well, actually it was FFXI that mde things real time.  People were angry with XII because it used XI's MMO-ish combat system in a single player world, iirc.

Well I don't really consider XI a main series final fantasy and most fans of the series seem have did the same. Seeing as it didn't sell more than a million I believe.

Thats odd considering theres over 3 mill monthly subscribers to FF11

selnor said:
sc94597 said:
makingmusic476 said:
sc94597 said:
Rath said:
sc94597 said:
Rath said:
Ones a hack'n'slash WRPG coming out soon, one is a turn based JRPG coming out in a year or so. What makes them comparable?

Where have you been. Final Fantasy isn't turnbased anymore.

It's not? To be honest I haven't played a FF since IX. When did they become real time?

XII, That is one of the reasons why alot of people were angry with XII.

Well, actually it was FFXI that mde things real time.  People were angry with XII because it used XI's MMO-ish combat system in a single player world, iirc.

Well I don't really consider XI a main series final fantasy and most fans of the series seem have did the same. Seeing as it didn't sell more than a million I believe.

Thats odd considering theres over 3 mill monthly subscribers to FF11

No there isn't. It's more like 500,000 subscr.

http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart2.html

Zkuq said:
They're too different; it's all about opinions and not about quality. I'll probably prefer FFXIII but that's only because 1) I like FFs and 2) most WRPGs suck (they're too generic; I want epic RPGs).

You do realize that 90% of JRPGs have cliched stories and generally do not have as much depth as WRPGs

fable 1 was not an rpg, it was more like an adventure game with rpg elements

Around the Network

I'm looking forward to Fable more, but honestly, you can't compare the two. Sure they're both RPGs, but it's like comparing a 3D platformer with a side-scrolling one--they're almost completely different.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

No contest.... ff13 is a better series higher rated and lots more sales..... half the world knows ff13 will be better.... But fable might be good but its not even close to the class of a main series final fantasy game... (shit Most of Square enix shit can match their own games)

FF XIII will be better because it is a PS3 game. FF XIII is a JRPG. Fable 2 is a WRPG.

sc94597 said:
z101 said:
Fable2 isn't nearly in the same class as ff.

fable 1 was a mediocre game at best, and fable2 seems to be the same.

85% is mediocre?

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/516688.asp?q=fable

i played it on pc anywa, very bad game, but it was the best adventure game the xbox had to offer so they give it a 85%

What will be better, i will know, after i`ll PLAY both.

Though, i am 100% sure, FFXIII will SELL more, MUCH more. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far