By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Ninty wants MS and SONY to copy them? Casual gaming/motion control, etc.

^^ ^^

There is a reason why the price isn't that low and never will be. Sony is already taking a loss with every console sold. It can't afford to lower the price any more. They made too expensive of a machine.

First time I saw Sony's wannabe Power Glove. Wow! I guess it's not copying if it's from a long time ago.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

no abosolotly not

deathgod33 said:
ps3 does not need a new controller to do well in sales. get the price to 200 with a ps3 slim and sony will once again take the 1st place prize, whatever that is.

The Wiimote is a symptom of what Nintendo has done, not what really makes it as popular as what the Wii is.  If the controller had been given only to hardcore games, it would have gone down in flames.

But they open the customer base to those they had gained with the DS.  Those outside of the traditional market.  Only if and until, MS and Sony realize this, will having the motion controllers work for them.  Do you see any simple control have-to-have casual games from MS or Sony?  How many buttons does it take to play Home?  Price isn't the main issue, MS in Europe has shown that.  Knowing the new customer being brought in, is.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

After MGS4's impact of PS3 sales in Japan what more on Wii's impact when it featured hype and popular games on the system. I think these games will be shown in E3 this year this is the only way Nintendo will beaten the competition.

About catering on new audience I think SONY and MS was too late on that, even with motion controls and casual approach that will done by SONY and MS I think Ninty already captured it. This will be the time that these captured audience make it to upstream this will be shown in E3.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg