By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGO login is so dumb

First off why cant we just use the regular PSN sign in why do we have to register? Plus my name online is roadkilers. Why? Because Konami wont let you use the word kill. Im kind of pissed off right now. Such a dumb system. If the single player wasnt near perfection I wouldnt buy this just because of the Konami code. I havent even started playing yet and im disgusted with the online. Took me 2 hours to actually make the site accept my info.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

thats pretty silly... but you got to come back and tell us your opinion of it after you get over the stupid login and play for a bit,

Thats so stupid. This is a game you kill people in...

Okay im to the part where you create your character and it would be very cool but whens you pick an something like a hat you cant take it off. You can switch hats but cant take the hats off. Unless im missing something please tell me but thats another dumb thing.

EDIT: Okay I figured it out. You have to register your person with all your gear then go back later and change it. Hey atleast you can. Now its time to try...

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

I hope you will have a nice experience online :).

Around the Network

i too think the MGO is very strange
In this regard MGO is being treated exactly like a computer game. Console games should never be this complicated to play online.

Absolutely ridiculous.

After I set up my online name the other night.. I decided that I no longer wanted to play online. So I just went back to single player.

Don't get me wrong, its an overall great game.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

what other Japanese made games implimented online?

I'd like to know for comparison sake.

Maybe it's the region where the game was developed. Maybe the developers there arent comfortable/familiar with that aspect of games.

I agree. Very silly. Waste of my time. If someone sorts a petition, I'm there.

Game still rocks, though.

I never understood why Konami didn't just use PSN instead. The very specific password limitations (aka. letters, symbols and numbers for names and numbers for passwords) makes for a nightmare registration. It's a hassle that's unnecessary.

slight hassle, but judging from the beta it is among the best multiplayer out there, and it's a type of online play that isn't anywhere else. very unique to MGS.