By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Predict 1st week of Killzone 2

Im guessing 550,000 the 1st week, i don't understand all of the Hype cause the first game sucked. maybe they turn it around on this one.

Around the Network

We don't even have a specific release date yet, and more importantly we don't know if the game will actually play as awesome as it looks.

Anything predictions we make now are most likely going to be wide off the mark.

I say.... KZ2 THE HALO KILLER! 3 MIL FIRST DAY

/sarcasim

Im just was wondering cause i hear all this hype and its no solid release date.

they said february 09, but then again, they've been saying that for the past 3 years.

Around the Network

there's going to be atleast 10 more of these "predict KZ2 sales" threads before feb09.

Last i heard the game is set to come out February 28, 2009. And they have not been saying that for the last 3years dogweed, the first official release date i heard was during an August 2007 game presentation when one of the developers said it was coming out in 2008. Many months later the Killzone site listed the release date as 2008. The date was only changed less then 2months ago.

The first Killzone was not a Bad game, it was a 7+ game across the board. And from the videos we can clearly see Killzone2 plays very well. It plays kinda the same as the first killzone, which is like a tactical shooter. And not an arcade style FPS that CoD4 is. The cover system is also a nice addition to the mix aswell, from the videos we can see it works very well for you, your teammates and the helghast troops.

Its also too early to predict the sales, the first killzone sold very well and should have a nice size fanbase.  The game is also a FPS game which we know is a very popular genre.  We also have no idea of how many PS3's will be sold be the date the game comes out.

Lets wait until we are even near the release date, in Feburary. I actually enjoyed the first game it was a decent game. It will sell over 1m worldwide because they will massively hype it and advertise it

eh. so the trend has shifted towords KZ2 now then.
Oh god this is going to be a long year. Can we just pick a game thats closer to release like say Silent Hill

EDITED: i ment Siren not Silent hill

It'll do 1.25 million week one.