By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09, One-to-one swing mechanics. (from IGN)

Looking good, I will definitely be giving this a rent at least. My girlfriends father has said he would buy a Wii if a good golf game such as this came out, so I shall inform him of this potentially eventuating.

Around the Network

hey what is this! the Wii is forcing me to spend money on it! how rude....

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Oh awesome awesome awesome. A golf game that gets the swing mechanics down would be perfect--the awkwardness of '07 and the limited play of Wii Golf are why I never enjoyed either the way I did '05. Normal mode sounds fantastic, while Advanced mode would just be....yikes. It'll be fun to try it out at least. If they do this well, this becomes a must own for me.

For all the hate EA gets, they do have historically some great versions of both Madden and Tiger Woods. Both franchises peaked in '05, sure, but there's no reason they can't make a mini comeback with this version (Though I continue to not know why they got rid of the Legends feature. I loved that). And hey, they do own Maxis. Maxis is awesome. EA has some good stuff going on there, if you can ignore their notorious abuse of employees. Hmm, that doesn't sound too good, actually. Crap.

Anyway, I look forward to this.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Awesome. I've been hoping for some news about a better control scheme for this year's version ever since I heard about EA's new All Play range. This will be a first day purchase for me as well. If the controls are a result of EA's new All Play initiative, I must say, I think EA's slowly making a sports fan out of me.

Is that really possible with wiimote? If so, I will be picking this game up.

Around the Network

Another game on my wanna-have list!

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2

Last years version was a real disappointment, its great to hear that Tiburon are now handling this.

Still waiting for reviews (as always), but EA has a much better chance of getting some of my $ this year. They really are in a position to dominate the Wii - and they should.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

they should integrate balance board for you to line up your shot and control the direction.

Very glad to know that the preview is overwhelmingly positive.

I hope they made the game a lot more user-friendly than before - this "friendliness" is a very important factor in game design to succeed in the Japanese market. Otherwise, it will simply reinforce the preconceived notion that Yo-Gei (Western Game) is generally hard for Japanese audience to get into.

For me, this is actually the most anticipated title on Wii this summer, especially after seeing some negative reviews of Top Spin 3.

I might get a U.S. copy. The Japanese version of the PGA 08' was half-assed in its localization and wasn't really worth the wait.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

Me said:
they should integrate balance board for you to line up your shot and control the direction.

Noo! They should not, then I would have to buy wii fit. :(