By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09, One-to-one swing mechanics. (from IGN)

Shit i didnt think it was possible

I guess I gave nintendo (and EA) too little credit

edit: wii golf had 1:1?

Around the Network

So, you are a fan of Golf. I didn`t expect that. Being a EA game, the best you can hope for is a average/ok game. Even so, I would love to be wrong about this game.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

tk1797 said:

Shit i didnt think it was possible

I guess I gave nintendo (and EA) too little credit

edit: wii golf had 1:1?

Yeah.  It was based on how far back you swung and how fast you swung, rather than pressing a button and then timing your swing within an animation.  Other golf games have played more like Wii Sports Bowling than Wii Sports Golf.

4 multiplayer online, 1:1 control scheme, sounds very good.

@ItsaMii for an unknow reason EA is putting really hard work on the wii lately:
MoH H2: Best FPS on the wii, best control scheme, amazing 32 players online, good review.
Boom Blox: great reviews, best physics engine on the wii.

Coming:
Madden 09: finnaly not a port, new engine, better graphics, new control scheme, great preview by IGN.

fkusumot said:
Aiemond said:
I just hope it is not too realistic. I don't want to slice in this game like I do in real life lol. These games are so you can be better than that :P

Apparently there are three different modes. You can play so that your swing (and all its faults) are replicated or you can use the mode where it will be more like a Wii Golf kind of control.

1 to 1.

That doesn't seem possible.  Hey, anything close is good though.  Might actually have to make this the first golf game i've bought since....

Does Kirby's Dream Course count?

Around the Network

I guess this means that a true light saber game with 1 to 1 is possible nice

ItsaMii said:
So, you are a fan of Golf. I didn`t expect that. Being a EA game, the best you can hope for is a average/ok game. Even so, I would love to be wrong about this game.

I'm a huge fan of golf. If Tiger Woods would impregnate me I would gladly bear his child (sadly I'm pretty much past child bearing age and I'm a guy ). I play golf about 15-20 times/year. If EA merely copied the Wii Golf mechanics and offered 5+ playable courses I'd pay $100 for it, no questions asked and no bitching. Love me some golf.

This version sounds really good. I love my Tiger Woods '07 but my main complaint is the require time investment to play. Also they don't explain the game for novices, so if you're not an avid golfer you're lost as to how to hit the ball to get a particular result.

Their addressing the latter, not sure about the former. If they do (so I could play a short game or save mid-game) then I'll definately get this one.

If EA starts walking the walk as well as they are currently talking the talk then i might actually have to start thinking about purchasing their games again.

I've been waiting since the Wii was announced to finally have a good golf game. Not wasting money on the crap and waiting patiently. Finally EA has come through for me and I have a first day buyer. First time I'll ever buy a simulation sports title the day it releases. Thank you EA.