By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!! - MGS4 Debut week - PS3 -- ok

leo-j said:
I think vgchartz may be undertracking this...

Im with crazzyman on this Im waiting for konami or chart tracker.

Well it sold just 122k on PS3 biggest market Uk so the numbers are probably close to actual sales.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
leo-j said:
I think vgchartz may be undertracking this...

Im with crazzyman on this Im waiting for konami or chart tracker.

We're playing the Grand Theft Auto 4 denial game again?

I dont know, but maybe I am in denial though I think MGS4 did better..

In any case, even if they are correct it still has a chance to sell around 1.5 million world wide, NA should pull in some 600k, and japan should be around 400k first week sales.

As for hardware, the PS3 should sell 65k in japan, and 140k in NA, so it should be around 310-350k world wide.

Its still not impossible for the PS3 to outsell the wii. Very dissapointed in Europe though.

mM
FishyJoe said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@happysquirel

as I said NO 80GB bundles in EU

AND SPAIN RELEASE WAS DELAYED

PS3's 2nd largest market in EU

Spain is about 10% of other, so it's not too hard to extrapolate. You can't just add 10% to hardware sales though, because existing shelf stock still sells. So realistically, I'd probably use a 6-8% multiplier to estimate hardware sales.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people crossed the borders and bought it.

Actually, I just did a bit of research on Spain and in regards to the PS3, it falls somewhere between France and Germany/Italy every week... Right where it sat this week.

Honestly, I think you could maybe add ~5-7k hardware if the game releases in Spain and that's being pretty generous after checking the past few months of PS3 sales.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

these numbers are great to me.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

We do have chart track numbers for the UK. If anything VGC has an even higher value for non-UK compared to GT5P respectively.

Around the Network

Some one call Diomedes! PS3 is being undretracked, VGChartz is biased!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:
carlos710 said:
wow, an average Wii week was enough for #1 place in consoles this week in Ninteuroland!

great numbers for Nintendo

You never cease to amaze me..

the wii is significantly cheaper than the PS3, no matter what the game it will sell more.

Not to mention the 80gb bundle did not release in europe.

The gamecube was cheaper than the PS2, but it was still outsold by it. What's the difference? I'd figure you'd be more upset that the PS3 was outsold, and not upset about WHY it was outsold. I think its fairly obvious that the Wii is simply more popular than the PS3, and the reasons you come up with for why, are simply damage control in the form of speculation. Rebuttle?

The PS2 had better games, a DVD PLAYER a very cheap one, and IT WASNT $399, there is a huge difference to consumers when you have a console for $249.99 and one for $399.99.

mM

I would be surprised to see any big hardware adjustment, I will admit the software sales are a little low, I was expecting 500k, but overall this is not bad.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

HW is fine imo

I am talking about SW sales....SPAIN would've helped here a lot..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

leo-j said:

The PS2 had better games, a DVD PLAYER a very cheap one, and IT WASNT $399, there is a huge difference to consumers when you have a console for $249.99 and one for $399.99.

By the time the PS2 was released Apex-Digital had released their $100 DVD player which went on to become the #1 selling stand alone DVD player. At the same time, the PS3 and XBox 360 are below the launch price of the PS2 and XBox in Canada and yet they are still selling very poorly compared to the PS2 ...