By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!! - MGS4 Debut week - PS3 -- ok

trestres said:
Wow, this is so hilariuos, rofl. People predicting 2 million+ WW first week for MGS4 and a total domination in HW front. Also mocking users who made more realistic predictions. WW sales will be close to 1.3 million but for the WEEK not first day.

Not the results a lot of fanboys were expecting at the news section on the 1st day sales.

Wii and DS: Incredible, Unbelievable, Fantastic, Amazing, Awe inspiring.

And you accuse me of trolling the Ninty forums and call me a hypocrite... I am dumbfounded by your short term memory and your double standards, I honestly am.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Seriously is no-one reading my statement about SPAIN

missng spain is 900,000 off the installed base if that is true.

Slimebeast said:
MGS4:

NA: 550K
EU: 650K
JAP: 300K
--------
total = 1.5 million (1st year sales near 4 million, lifetime around 5 million)

PS3 hardware:

NA: 100K
EU:  140K
JAP:  50K
---------------
total = 290K

MGS4 actual sales:

1. NA: ?
  2. EU: 429,318
  3. JAP: rufly 400K

PS3 hardware:

1. NA: rufly 120K
  2. EU: 119,590
  3. JAP: rufly 50K
    -------------------
  4. = 289,590

Slimebeast predicted 290K. =)

why are you guys so defeated? i think the game did good, the reason i like Others is the fact they dont all go out to make records on a day one, they just buy it when they want to and whenever.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
trestres said:
Wow, this is so hilariuos, rofl. People predicting 2 million+ WW first week for MGS4 and a total domination in HW front. Also mocking users who made more realistic predictions. WW sales will be close to 1.3 million but for the WEEK not first day.

Not the results a lot of fanboys were expecting at the news section on the 1st day sales.

Wii sales drop 10% - Awe inspiring!

PS3 sales rise 30% - :(

Around the Network

So now people saying that MGS4 isn't a system seller, how ironic. You are saying sales will spike only where the 80gb is released. So if the game isn't even a system seller, then what game will move PS3 systems?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

darthdevidem01 said:
Seriously is no-one reading my statement about SPAIN

Well we will see how MGS4 will do in Spain next week. MGS4 sales better not drop like Japan in 2nd week because at the moment they are pretty bad.

Shameless said:
SONY DOMINATION STARTS TODA-

Wait...

...wtf?

ROFLMFAO, i'll mark this one :D

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

leo-j said:
trestres said:

Well you guys thought it was nearly impossible for it to sell 1M on its FIRST WEEK.

first day sales were 1.3 million first week should be around 2 million.

Actually, most people estimated it at 1.5 Million if you look at this thread ( http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=26488 ) except for PS3 fanboys who predicted it at closer to 2 Million units.

If Spain has the same attach rate as the rest of Others, it would increase MGS4 sales by ~16% to approximately 500k.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957