By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation, The MOST innovative Brand

kenzomatic said:
rocketpig said:
If we were talking about behind-the-scenes companies, General Electric would be in every Top Five list made.

As it is now, I bet 50% of this forum couldn't even give me a brief rundown on GE without a Google search.

GE has defently done a ton of stuff as well, sadly most people just think they make light bulbs.

Pfizer
Eastman Kodak (the people really behind oled's)
DuPont

Also deserve to be up there

Airplane engines is a big one. Currently the are working on pulse detonation engines, which will be the next big thing beyond jets/ramjets/scremjets. 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

people its for the innovative brand not game company, sony and MS have done way more in the world than Nintendo and deserve the spot they are in. Look at what program your on right now while reading this. Dont bash MS cuz you dont like the 360.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Wow not bad for Nintendo since the only thing they do is games and consoles not like the other ones.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

THEY DESERVE IT?IM GLAD TO BE A PRO-SONY

Finnbar said:
people its for the innovative brand not game company, sony and MS have done way more in the world than Nintendo and deserve the spot they are in. Look at what program your on right now while reading this. Dont bash MS cuz you dont like the 360.

UM?? Mozilla firefox made by M$ now??

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

I agree that Sony can be very innovative. The PlayStation brand overal had some minor innovations, though the PS3 lacks those. But Sony overal, yes, I can agree with that.

Microsoft on third place however... I don't think Microsoft has ever done something creative, all they ever done was copying other people's work, often even making worse. I despise Microsoft as a company, though that doesn't mean I participate in any idiotic boycotting.

What have Nintendo actually done to warrant being on that list? 7th most influential brand in the world just for waggle? Come on..

kenzomatic said:
rocketpig said:
If we were talking about behind-the-scenes companies, General Electric would be in every Top Five list made.

As it is now, I bet 50% of this forum couldn't even give me a brief rundown on GE without a Google search.

GE has defently done a ton of stuff as well, sadly most people just think they make light bulbs.

Pfizer
Eastman Kodak (the people really behind oled's)
DuPont

Also deserve to be up there

Let's not forget Honeywell... For some reason, that company reminds me of Freemasonry... They're huge, wealthy, mostly hidden from the public eye, and completely mysterious.

I'm pretty sure that if you speak their name in public, you're put on some kind of menacing watchlist. A Honeywell van full of men in gasmasks is probably pulling up to my house as I type this.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

can someone explain to me why apple is second? i'm not trying to be funny or anything just interested

sparda2020 said:
can someone explain to me why apple is second? i'm not trying to be funny or anything just interested

When you're talking about consumer electronics, no one tops them when it comes to design. Since the general population was polled for this, I fully expected them to be in the top three.

Look at their product line... iPhone, iPod, Macbook, Macbook Air, iTunes... All very high quality, very functional devices that arguably do their job better than anything offered by the competition.

Apple also markets their brand more intelligently and successfully than any other company on Earth. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/