By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Possible first info on Forza 3

endimion said:
Skeeuk said:
should be a very good game if its on 2 disks, but i feel its more because of the grafix that it will be 2 disks. 1 for arcade and 1 for career.

they should be able to up the textures on the cars this time.

my vote will go with gt5 in game and sales, but never the less forza is a worthy driving game and il possibly pick that up also later on in the year.

hum I don't know about you but from a simulation point of view forza was way over GT4 forza 2 is still over GT 4 and I never played GT 5 but I doubt the tendancy will change... itmight be better than forza 2 (i still doubt it though) so highly doubt forza 3 could be worst than GT 5 if you are talking graphics we agree... but for a simulation people should be looking at the quality of the simulation technically not graphically... or what is the point of comparing SIMULATIONS

technically and grafically, gt5 from the prologue i have, is a better drive round a track than forza 2 is. using same car same view and same track, both will be good games, but gt5 will pip it, id say forza 3 will sell mabey 5million+ copies and gt5 10million+ copies.

i had both games and still own gt5p, gtp5 is better simulation technically and graphically(majority opinion), gt5 full game will be further enhanced still, so my on-the-list-shop will go to gt5, but will certainly pick up forza 3 when it comes out. the customisation options in forza are really decent and is a major selling point for me

ps. if its been posted before please delete this thread, i dont like making dupe threads. i checked before hand but only looked at 1st page of threads

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

If Turn 10 is able to deliver this game in 2009 and if Polyphony doesn't offer a damage component in GT5, Sony just lost a sale.

Graphics aren't nearly as important to me as physics, controller, online experience, and options (damage, tires, etc.) because nowadays, most of my time will be spent online against live opponents, where damage is a must.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

no not at all I'd rather change than have crasy loading times because it's over compressed....

and for a racing game it will be probably split into solo and multi or arcade and career etc.... 30 sec when I decide to change of game type for a same game is not really different than if I was switching between the CD of the NOD and the GDI for command and conquer back in the days... it was CD back then now DVD... I don't see where is the problem... don't worry one day in the future you'll have to change BR in the middle even if you have multi layers and side...

@ reask
do you drive ??? because saying PGR 4 and forza are the same.... is like saying waffles are the same as pancakes because you use the same ingredients.... forza is a simulation they try to recreate the reaction the actual car you are driving will have if you were actually racing it with the tunning you did yourself... PGR is an arcade racing..... they don't aspire to recreate the real feel you would have with the car if you are actually driving it.....

Skeeuk said:

technically and grafically, gt5 from the prologue i have, is a better drive round a track than forza 2 is. using same car same view and same track, both will be good games, but gt5 will pip it, id say forza 3 will sell mabey 5million+ copies and gt5 10million+ copies.

i had both games and still own gt5p, gtp5 is better simulation technically and graphically(majority opinion), gt5 full game will be further enhanced still, so my on-the-list-shop will go to gt5, but will certainly pick up forza 3 when it comes out. the customisation options in forza are really decent and is a major selling point for me

ps. if its been posted before please delete this thread, i dont like making dupe threads. i checked before hand but only looked at 1st page of threads

GT5p trumps Forza 2 in graphics hardcore but the driving model / physics of Forza 2 is yet to be unmatched in consoles. I wish they somehow combined and made Forza Gran Turismo... 

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Skeeuk said:
endimion said:
Skeeuk said:
should be a very good game if its on 2 disks, but i feel its more because of the grafix that it will be 2 disks. 1 for arcade and 1 for career.

they should be able to up the textures on the cars this time.

my vote will go with gt5 in game and sales, but never the less forza is a worthy driving game and il possibly pick that up also later on in the year.

hum I don't know about you but from a simulation point of view forza was way over GT4 forza 2 is still over GT 4 and I never played GT 5 but I doubt the tendancy will change... itmight be better than forza 2 (i still doubt it though) so highly doubt forza 3 could be worst than GT 5 if you are talking graphics we agree... but for a simulation people should be looking at the quality of the simulation technically not graphically... or what is the point of comparing SIMULATIONS

technically and grafically, gt5 from the prologue i have, is a better drive round a track than forza 2 is. using same car same view and same track, both will be good games, but gt5 will pip it, id say forza 3 will sell mabey 5million+ copies and gt5 10million+ copies.

i had both games and still own gt5p, gtp5 is better simulation technically and graphically(majority opinion), gt5 full game will be further enhanced still, so my on-the-list-shop will go to gt5, but will certainly pick up forza 3 when it comes out. the customisation options in forza are really decent and is a major selling point for me

when I was saying technically I was talking about what rocketpig is talking about.... pure simulation elements... when I drive a nissan skyline in GT and one in forza I can say which one is more realistic (yeah I drove a skyline before) with the response it has.... until now GT was behind forza now you say GT 5 is better I have to check that out.... but I never had the realistic feel I have on forza with any other games than GTR maybe

Around the Network

Could turn out very good if they're not too hasty about it, we don't want another Forza 2 with 10% better textures and more cars. This is usually the trap that these games fall into (see GT4 for an example only that took forever to develop as well...).

Mummelmann said:
Could turn out very good if they're not too hasty about it, we don't want another Forza 2 with 10% better textures and more cars. This is usually the trap that these games fall into (see GT4 for an example only that took forever to develop as well...).

Actually, I would be fine with a slightly improved Forza 2 if they added about 10-15 tracks. That was my biggest complaint with the game; there were far too few real world tracks. I don't give a rat's ass about fake tracks, I want to play Donington, Road America, Monaco, etc.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Mummelmann said:

Actually, I would be fine with a slightly improved Forza 2 if they added about 10-15 tracks. That was my biggest complaint with the game; there were far too few real world tracks. I don't give a rat's ass about fake tracks, I want to play Donington, Road America, Monaco, etc.

agreed +++++++++++++

I mean Forza is relatively good at what it is supposed to be.... AI, physical reaction of the car handleing of the car, tunning of the car even own custom paint.... graphics can be improved and race track realism would be really the only thing to change IMO... and I really don't care about graphism if they are just a little better thanforza 2... it's already realtively good..... I prefer better frame rate than graphics for a simulation... I do want more car and more real tracks... it actually would be the only reason I'd buy a new forza... there is no point otherwise IMO except if they find a way to have an even closer to reality feel in the driving.. or let you custom built the engine and the body of the car... but then we need a supercomputer to compute all the data lol

I like it how people argue which game is more realistic. Reality is unless you live in Germany and drive on the autobahn you have never gone over 80 mph and even then it was on a relatively straight road with lots of banking to ensure an easy and safe drive. I doubt any one has ever driven into a corner at 130 mph with no banking hard on the brakes 6 inches away from another driver or felt your seat beneath your eye balls because you spun out during a corner and your ass puckered so hard against the seat that it sucked the seat up into your body. Remember also that most racing is done during the summer when it is 100 degrees and the windows are all rolled up for maximum down force on the car except for the driver window and they are designed to keep as much air out of the car as possible as wind blowing in the window at 100 mph would slow the car down and it creates a green house inside the car as you sit in the fire suite. When a game can create those g forces through a corner on my body and make my mind think I am surrounded by 150 degree heat as I am strapped so tightly into a car that I can barely move then we can argue about what is the better simulation. As it is it is a best guess as only a select few of the best programmers were allowed to drive a real race car at any speed or taken for a hot lap with a professional driver doing stuff we could only dream of.

cwbys21 said:
I like it how people argue which game is more realistic. Reality is unless you live in Germany and drive on the autobahn you have never gone over 80 mph and even then it was on a relatively straight road with lots of banking to ensure an easy and safe drive. I doubt any one has ever driven into a corner at 130 mph with no banking hard on the brakes 6 inches away from another driver or felt your seat beneath your eye balls because you spun out during a corner and your ass puckered so hard against the seat that it sucked the seat up into your body. Remember also that most racing is done during the summer when it is 100 degrees and the windows are all rolled up for maximum down force on the car except for the driver window and they are designed to keep as much air out of the car as possible as wind blowing in the window at 100 mph would slow the car down and it creates a green house inside the car as you sit in the fire suite. When a game can create those g forces through a corner on my body and make my mind think I am surrounded by 150 degree heat as I am strapped so tightly into a car that I can barely move then we can argue about what is the better simulation. As it is it is a best guess as only a select few of the best programmers were allowed to drive a real race car at any speed or taken for a hot lap with a professional driver doing stuff we could only dream of.

have you ever played them?... realistic in reaction/feeling

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.