By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can't MGS, FF, GT sell as much on PS3 as they did on PS2??

@ daactualfact

You do realise that he is talking about consoles sold by that point, not how many units FF13 will sell in the regions lol

Around the Network
obieslut said:
Gamer4eva said:
I think they will outsell their predeccsor, hell i think i am the only one that belives that the PS3 will get past the 100Mil mark. I mean the "Others" market has grown like a mother.

nope i think the same, so bring that number up to 2 and crazzy so 3

I doubt 100 million, hell I doubt 80 million, even as a PS3 fan I dont see the PS3 going that high..

mM

Dno, that is a bald-faced lie right there! Mgs4 had over 30 tv commercials in just 4 days. It's no way a game can sell big if there are no advertisements.

Oh, I almost forgot the other disadvantage for the Ps3 when it comes to game sales. When the Ps1 and 2 were released, they were priced at a pretty good range. (only about 50 bucks more than the Wii in the Americas.) The ps3, instead is 200 bucks more than that. (100 bucks if you count the 40 gig models.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

@daactualfact

you missed the whole point

I meant that why can't MGS4, Gt5, FF13 sell as much as previoous iterations

by reasoning was to see how much Ps2's install base was at the launch of MGS2, GT3 & FF10 respectively

they are NOT SW sales predictions

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Who said they won't? ;)

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Basically PS3's MGS 4 sales, have been amazing, because the bulk of current PS3 owners are hardcore gamers... many non-hardcore players have not purchased the PS3. This explains the strong 1st day MGS4 sales (as much of the userbase is hardcore- this audience usually get games such as these within the 1st week of release.)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Gamer4eva and Obie, the Ps3 is very unlikely to reach the 100mil mark atm. 85 mil seems like the wallblock for its end of gen sales.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius

Well, MGS4 has had much better sales than I expected.  So I don't see why FFXIII won't.  In fact, I think there is a large crowd waiting for a killer JRPG on the ps3.  And by the time it actually releases, I'd expect the ps3 to cost around $299.  But I just don't think GT5 will do as well as past games...just too many racers now days.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Darth, I just realized that. I guess I need to read between the lines better. sorry about that.

True Genius

mgs 4 can top 10million why not???????