By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yoshida San(head of SCE ww):I have big plans for WW Studios

he says kaz hirai has changed lots of stuff in the right direction since last year,,,,,he mentions that most of their titles will also focus more on online mode like the new singstar or buzz(it seems he likes casual too much)

he says one of the reason 8 days was cancelled was that it was missing online portion.

He also mentions that from now on public should not know about their games untill they have a  clear vision about the release date.

future plans:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/yoshida-san-i-have-big-plans-for-worldwide-studios

reason for 8 days cancellation:

http://www.developmag.com/news/29984/London-Studios-Eight-Days-killed-in-part-due-to-lack-of-online

what do you guys think?do you think his strategies will help or not?

Around the Network

I hate Yoshida

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wow, great reason to cancel the games, you couldn't play them online...

SpartanFX said:

He also mentions that from now on publics should not know about our games untill we have a vision about the release date.

I hope they implement this part... plus online portion is important but maybe not that important... 

@noobie

trust me on this

if uncharted had an online portion...it would've sold a million extra...

Around the Network

@darth

lol,,why?is it because he is more casual oriented?

yea I don't like that aspect of him either,,,he canceled 8 days probably to make another casual title.(or it might be that he wanted them to finish home,,,cause 8 days dev team is the dev team that's working on home)

mmmm,,,more online?

god of war 3 online rumor confirmed?lol

@SpartanFX

no I was just bored so I said that...lol

but hopefully he will bring changes

BTW isn't GOW3 from SCEA...or is WWS every gaming studio inside SONY?

I like the bit about not announcing games until they know when it is going to come out, gives me less time to get over excited about these games

@ darth, uncharted would not have sold more with MP, it would not really have fitted in with the game

Why does everyone care about online so much, MGS 4 is incredibly hyped, and the online portion is not the bit being hyped (has anyone here actually played it yet?)

I don't buy a game for online play, it's near the last things I look at. Pointless reason to cancel a project, finish the project, do a sequal and add online play. If it's good enough, the game can sell on it's own.

Poor excuse in my view.

Hmm, pie.

Wow, I hope that applies to only SCE games - because wow.

That's almost as bad as the time they single handedly killed 2d gaming on the PS2 by refusing to accept them on the platform for about 8 months.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D