By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you like having the perma bans back?

Faxanadu said:
It makes the place more interesting.

It also absolutely destroys any kind of threat the permaban had before. People will expect to return anyways. so the authority of the mods is diminished.

agree on the second point. However, ioi accidentally unbanned all but 45 users, so he probably figured he might as well unban the rest. Rebanning those +855 members would have been near impossible to track them all down, so it really didn't make a difference at that point. 

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Faxanadu said:
It makes the place more interesting.

It also absolutely destroys any kind of threat the permaban had before. People will expect to return anyways. so the authority of the mods is diminished.

agree on the second point. However, ioi accidentally unbanned all but 45 users, so he probably figured he might as well unban the rest. Rebanning those +855 members would have been near impossible to track them all down, so it really didn't make a difference at that point. 

That's what it is really.

They couldn't be bothered banning all those people again, so they declared amnesty in fairness to those who did get re-banned.

Gballzack and leo-j are already beginning to annoy me >_>

yeah i like it, i'm totally honest and the sh*t with dupes is also gone now :p

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'm suprised I haven't been perma-banned yet lol

I agree that pretty much you're doing a "90's parent" thing. You put the bad kids on time out, instead of beating respect into them. They're all laughing at you mods now, and they'll continue to the same route. Way to throw your authority into the trash.

People who have been permabanned have already had warnings to modify their behavior, thus why they were permabanned. They are incapable of being respectful or holding a mature conversation. These people have a home for their behavior, its caled Gamespot.com.

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
I agree that pretty much you're doing a "90's parent" thing. You put the bad kids on time out, instead of beating respect into them. They're all laughing at you mods now, and they'll continue to the same route. Way to throw your authority into the trash.

People who have been permabanned have already had warnings to modify their behavior, thus why they were permabanned. They are incapable of being respectful or holding a mature conversation. These people have a home for their behavior, its caled Gamespot.com.

you might want 2 take a look into that, i see some flaws there

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

some members were just cancerous to the site though and needed to be permabanned. Members such as wiiforever.

I'm all for giving people like Leo-J and the like another chance though.

do I like it? absolutely not. But this isn't a free country, it's a website/forum,

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I don't care. Most of them are really fun to read because of the outrageous posts. I have never had a problem with any of them.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

i never knew any of those people but ever since i joined there names have always been mentioned. i liked to see what they are like and make my own opinion on them. i guess you can say i dont care, until i get a problem with one of them.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing: