By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Myth of Metal Gear Solid 4 being too much for xbox 360 to handle...

Squilliam said:
The game runs at 30fps except in cutscenes (60) which means they are probably prerendered anyway, for the most part. Theres probably a mix of pre rendered and ingame footage in a lot of the cutscenes. Dunno, should find out today when I play it.

Does this thread = inferiority complex for PS3 owners? They have to prove that the greater $$$ they paid translates into better performance. Because, you know - greater cost of the machine ~$800 and one year after the Xbox360 launch should translate into better performance right?!?!!?

In any case this thread is actually as much a testament to the brilliance of Microsofts design in creating a console with older technology that actually performs better than or on par with a system that was released a little over one year later with "better" technology.

Nice lies, http://www.gamecollision.com/news/metal-gear-solid-4-qa-runs-60fps-720p-possible-1080p-more

Like I said people that dont play the game shouldnt be commenting,  cutscenes are ALL INGAME, and everything runs at 60fps.

That pic I posted is also IN GAME, I took it myself with the CAMERA found in MGS4.

mM
Around the Network

Greats point TC.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

leo-j said:
Squilliam said:
The game runs at 30fps except in cutscenes (60) which means they are probably prerendered anyway, for the most part. Theres probably a mix of pre rendered and ingame footage in a lot of the cutscenes. Dunno, should find out today when I play it.

Does this thread = inferiority complex for PS3 owners? They have to prove that the greater $$$ they paid translates into better performance. Because, you know - greater cost of the machine ~$800 and one year after the Xbox360 launch should translate into better performance right?!?!!?

In any case this thread is actually as much a testament to the brilliance of Microsofts design in creating a console with older technology that actually performs better than or on par with a system that was released a little over one year later with "better" technology.

Nice lies, http://www.gamecollision.com/news/metal-gear-solid-4-qa-runs-60fps-720p-possible-1080p-more

Like I said people that dont play the game shouldnt be commenting, cutscenes are ALL INGAME, and everything runs at 60fps.

That pic I posted is also IN GAME, I took it myself with the CAMERA found in MGS4.

Since you like links...

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-97742.aspx

I personally don't trust links and stories like this. What I do trust is my eye and I'm playing this game on a 58 inch plasma and there is no way this is 60 fps all the way through.

There are places like going up the stairwells when framerate comes alive and goes 60 FPS and there are parts with Geccos and gunfire where its actually sub 30...

disolitude said:
leo-j said:
Squilliam said:

Like I said people that dont play the game shouldnt be commenting, cutscenes are ALL INGAME, and everything runs at 60fps.

Since you like links...

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-97742.aspx

I personally don't trust links and stories like this. What I do trust is my eye and I'm playing this game on a 58 inch plasma and there is no way this is 60 fps all the way through.

There are places like going up the stairwells when framerate comes alive and goes 60 FPS and there are parts with Geccos and gunfire where its actually sub 30...

I disagree, FR has never dipped below 60fps, I have the game. I also have a 32" HD TV.

mM

You may disagree, but you are wrong.

You should stay on point in your arguement.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Squilliam said:

Like I said people that dont play the game shouldnt be commenting,  cutscenes are ALL INGAME, and everything runs at 60fps.

So you took a picture of Snakes ass? Is there something we should know about... You can come out, we won't be mean.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
leo-j said:
Squilliam said:

So you took a picture of Snakes ass? Is there something we should know about... You can come out, we won't be mean.

Yes i took a picture of snakes a$$

Look I also took a picture of his body, its so attractive

mM

@leoJ

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=2959121

Playstation's own message boards...

I'm rocking 1080p myself...game looks amazing, but has framerate drops (nothing that takes anything away from the expereince mind you). Just like Ninja Gaiden 2 had framerate drops when there were 30 guys attacking you...

Hideo Kojima Hints on MGS4 XBox 360

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

leo-j said:
Squilliam said:
leo-j said:
Squilliam said:

Yes i took a picture of snakes a$$

Look I also took a picture of his body, its so attractive

so... snake is a transexual at the end of the game? if you're into that...