By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Myth of Metal Gear Solid 4 being too much for xbox 360 to handle...

NJ5 said:
siriguillo said:

Evidence please, we are posting links where is yours? wikipedia has more credibility than you by the way

Have you really not heard about this uncompressed audio thing? It was all the rage a few months back in these forums at least.

http://ps3.qj.net/E-for-All-07-Konami-on-maxing-out-Blu-ray-with-hours-of-cinematics-uncompressed-audio/pg/49/aid/105564

look at the dates your is from 2007 in 2008 kojima said is all compressed

Around the Network
siriguillo said:

Where did he say that? I must have missed that one.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Pristine20 said:

Whoever wrote the wikipedia article on mgs4 doesn't concur

Link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4:_Guns_of_the_Patriots

Important line:"Guns of the Patriots is the first PS3 game that uses a full 50GB dual layer Blu-ray Disc through extensive efforts in data compression"

According to the wiki article, the developers have already compressed the game to bring it down to 50gb. If they are right, your compression arguement may be flawed.

It has been widely reported that they're using uncompressed audio. I haven't played the game, but from what I've heard there's nothing in it which fundamentally requires 50 GB (the cutscenes aren't even FMVs, if they were I could certainly understand 50 GB).

Actually most of them are. Some are in-game, but most of the longer cutscenes, and almost every one of them that has action, is prerendered from in-game assets.

I'll be posting screens to prove this in a bit. Partially because there are still people who think everything is in-engine, but mostly because it will be hysterical.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

^^ Oh snap. Hes got a link. Have you been convinced now siriguillo? ;)

sieanr said:

Actually most of them are. Some are in-game, but most of the longer cutscenes, and almost every one of them that has action, is prerendered from in-game assets.

I'll be posting screens to prove this in a bit. Partially because there are still people who think everything is in-engine, but mostly because it will be hysterical.

Apologies if I was wrong regarding the FMVs, I used the best evidence from MGS4 fans all over the world :P

For the audio stuff I actually had a good source though ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
siriguillo said:

Where did he say that? I must have missed that one.

http://kotaku.com/362807/kojima-says-blu+ray-disc-doesnt-have-enough-space

this was posted by tybalt

"360 has been in the market for 2.5 years, why are there no games that look as good a mgs4 and uncharted?" - Thats a really good question.

Either way, MGS4 is AMAZING.  I was very sad to see the end of a legend...

The native resolution of MGS4 is 1024x768. Technically that's a sub HD resolution since its has far less pixels than 720p which is 1280x720. Not that it matters because the game is visually impressive. NJ5, you have the patience of a saint trying discuss a subject with MikeB. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a Sony viral marketer.

The space-argument is soooo low.

You have to install at least 17 Minutes (without switching the chapters more than needed)

Now please count how much DVDs u can change in 17 Minutes. Without losing space on the HDD!

We all know the best game of all time, Shenmue, was released on 7 Discs and it was just awesome. Changing a disc does not ruin a game!

Sony told us, the PS2 (!!!) would be powerful enough to run a nuclear powerplant. Sony told us, the Killzone / Motorstorm Trailer were ingame. Sony told us, the MiniDisc will outsell the audio-cd. Sony told us, the next Generation starts when they start it.

Personally, Sony is the godfather of telling Bullshit.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Pristine20 said:

Whoever wrote the wikipedia article on mgs4 doesn't concur

Link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4:_Guns_of_the_Patriots

Important line:"Guns of the Patriots is the first PS3 game that uses a full 50GB dual layer Blu-ray Disc through extensive efforts in data compression"

According to the wiki article, the developers have already compressed the game to bring it down to 50gb. If they are right, your compression arguement may be flawed.

Go to the source, is a podcast, and is 40 minutes long, but there is no mention or such a thing like:

"Guns of the Patriots is the first PS3 game that uses a full 50GB dual layer Blu-ray Disc through extensive efforts in data compression" 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."