By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How long can the PS3 sell over 10k in Japan post MGS4?

According to The Source preview the PS3 saw a big boost to at least 45k, obviously it's not gonna stay at that number for long and will go down in the following weeks.

Looking at gamefaqs, I see the following releases in Japan:

06/26 Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
  The Darkness
07/03 Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 (PlayStat...
  Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ...
  Enchant Arm (PlayStation 3 the ...
  Initial D: Extreme Stage
  Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PlayStation...
  Ratchet & Clank Future: Too...
07/10 Dark Sector
  Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
07/17 Tears to Tiara: Kakan no Daichi
  Tears to Tiara: Kakan no Daichi...
07/24 Kung Fu Panda
  Siren New Translation
  Wangan Midnight (PlayStation 3 ...
07/31 Beijing 2008 - The Official Vid...
  Soul Calibur IV
08/07 NBA 2K8
08/21 Vampire Rain: Altered Species
08/28 Afrika

Out of those games, the following should interest the Japanese:

Initial D

"The Best" for NGS and Ratchet and Clank

Tears to Tiara

Siren

Soul Calibur IV

Afrika (maybe)

Considering everything stays the same, i.e. no price drop or Software Emulation BC added or anything like that, I predict the PS3 sales will stay over 10k/week until at least the end of July. 

Around the Network

Not too many blockbusters, but I expect the ps3 should stay above 10,000 for awhile. What's the next BIG release for the ps3 in Japan?

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

6 weeks

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Forever.

I'm gonna guess 4 weeks.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
DragonLord said:
Not too many blockbusters, but I expect the ps3 should stay above 10,000 for awhile. What's the next BIG release for the ps3 in Japan?
 Next Big release should be Tekken 6 rumored to be in October or November. Next Huge release should be FFXIII, FFvXIII or GT5 next year. 

I honestly dont know why the source has 45k on that preview..

If bundles were more than 50k sold first day, it should be 50k at the least.

I expect 65-80k now, and 45k the following week, then should go through a downward trend, but not under 10k again.

mM

"The Best" for NGS and Ratchet and Clank - that wont do much for HW sales. But when I first looked at the list I was like "huh?"

FilaBrasileiro said:
DragonLord said:
Next Big release should be Tekken 6 rumored to be in October or November. Next Huge release should be FFXIII, FFvXIII or GT5 next year.

Any word on whether White Knight Chronicles still might make an 08' release in Japan?  It was originally suppose to but has sort of dropped off the news radar.  That will probably do pretty well when it releases.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

DragonLord said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
DragonLord said:
Next Big release should be Tekken 6 rumored to be in October or November. Next Huge release should be FFXIII, FFvXIII or GT5 next year.

Any word on whether White Knight Chronicles still might make an 08' release in Japan?  It was originally suppose to but has sort of dropped off the news radar.  That will probably do pretty well when it releases.

He only showed games up to August I thought WKC was suppose to release later.