By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How long can the PS3 sell over 10k in Japan post MGS4?

It depends. I think for a while.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network
I Perdict said:
"The Best" for NGS and Ratchet and Clank - that wont do much for HW sales. But when I first looked at the list I was like "huh?"

It won't raise HW by itself, but it's another good game that is from a franchise has had good sales in Japan and will be for a cheap price. It just diversifies the software library and makes it more appealing for casuals, unlike Quake Wars or Kane and Lynch.

DragonLord said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
DragonLord said:
Not too many blockbusters, but I expect the ps3 should stay above 10,000 for awhile. What's the next BIG release for the ps3 in Japan?
Next Big release should be Tekken 6 rumored to be in October or November. Next Huge release should be FFXIII, FFvXIII or GT5 next year.

Any word on whether White Knight Chronicles still might make an 08' release in Japan? It was originally suppose to but has sort of dropped off the news radar. That will probably do pretty well when it releases.

I'm in the blind as much as you, my opinion on this is simply that Level 5 fucked up. They thought they could tackle a whole bunch of projects and get it all done by 2007 (if you remember WKC and DQIX were rumored to come out then). Level 5 is a small developer and they are developing WKC, DQIX, Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel and Inazuma Eleven, all supposed to come out this year.

Needless to say that won't happen, I'll wager that 1, maybe 2 at the most will come out. We know the bulk of the staff is working on WKC, but that's also the biggest (in terms of scope) project. I honestly do not know if it'll come out this year, but let's hope so. I can see this game being succesfull if it's all that they're cracking it up to be.