By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Apple, please meet Orange.

I give this thread a 9.2.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network
Profcrab said:
Apple, please meet Orange.

I give this thread a 9.2.

You, sir, are my favorite. I give you an 11.0.

OP:  MGS4, because the gameplay is actually polished instead of being half-broken. 

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I am going to say it....

MGS4 is the best game I have ever played. (going back to Pong)

Yea, I am that old, and it's that good.

Having played 27 hours of GTA4 and beating Metal Gear Solid 4, there is no doubt in my mind that Metal Gear Solid 4 gets my vote. Metal Gear Solid 4 took gaming to a level that no other form of media can ever reach, while GTA4 continued to be the same mess it has been since 3. In fact I would even go as far as to say that San Andreas VS. Metal Gear Solid 4 would have been a better comparision, but even at that Metal Gear Solid 4 is on another level. Personally I do not even consider Metal Gear Solid 4 a game. It is so far and above anything else ever descrbed with that word the I see it as a new entity.

Why Metal Gear Solid is Beyond a Game:
-Easy to follow game play that gives the perfect balance of linear gameplay and an open ended approach.
-The ability to play the game your way, Stealth/FPS/Over the shoulder, and Guns Blazing/ Trigger happy but smart/tranquilize/incapasitate
-Simple yet deep controls that make it easy for new comers or more casual people, while alowing the hardcore to really have some fun.
-An amazing Story that is told in a way that is only possible with medium that it is on.
-Charicters that feel alive, with depth beyond anything I have ever seen in a scipted performance.

Up until this Fiday MSG1 was my favorite game of all-time, and ever since I played it I have been waiting for a game that exceed it and become the vision of what I believed a game should be after my first experiance with Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear Solid was an great game, but I expected big things of it and felt that I came away happy to see more Metal Gear, yet my expectations had not been met. Final Fantasy X was one game that came out and rwally made a serious attempt at reaching my vision, and in a small way it did, but it just lacked the moment I was looking for. After that three games made a run at it falling just short, Metal Gear Solid 3, and God of War 1/2 were all spectacular, but each missed the mark in one catagory or another. Now for the first time ever a game has actually done it. Metal Gear Solid 4, had the hype, i bought into it more than any game in the history of my gaming life, and have finally not been let down.

Thank You to Kojima and all of the people at Kojima Productions, your hard work and dedication, have payed off.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I love them both, but i like MGS4 more, but they are completely different games, so i can't really give a detailed judgement.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

Deus ex is the best. go play it now!

Very close, but I think that MGS 4 is better, but it is difficult to compare, and I probably have had more fun with GTA IV, but having only played a few hours of MGS I am not really in a good place to make a judgement

In terms of hype,production value,music,graphics,voice actors,characters,weapons,story,gameplay,replayability,online,sound effects,fun,lasting appeal.MGS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>GTA4 into dust!

I think MGS 4 is the best game ever made. I haven't played it, but that's what I think sounds best, so I'll run around the Internet and say it.

That's the same reason as for why I, as a European, think Brawl is the best fighter game ever.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

sieanr said:
GTA4

Why?
- Open ended
- Superior story, especially in terms of how its told
- Replay value
- Worthwhile online experience
- Many, many different ways of tackling missions
- Variety

the only thing you have going for you on this is open ended.

The replay value on MGS4 is actually much more then GTA IV trust me i love both games to death and went to the midnight launch for both. MGS4 is definently better though. Online with MGS4 is the best online i have ever played, and there are millions of different endings and stuff to collect......there is a different ending based on wither or not you used a Dualshock 3 or a Sixaxis....at least a variation. As for ways of tackling missions. MGS4 beats GTAIV out of the water ever aspect. Do you do things complete stealth? do you gain the trust of one side  so they protect you? Do you go in FPS mode shooting anything and everything? Do you clear a way out with your MK II. As sad to say it theres more variety and ways to play MGS4 then GTAIV and GTA is a sandbox...

Also.....i have no clue where the hell you're going with story GTA can't compare to MGS....even in the way it's told i think MGS takes the cake.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2