By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why did you join VGChartz? And how did you found out about it?

I discovered it on accident looking for video game numbers. I joined it because of the MOSTLY highly intellegent discussions. OVERALL the members are great.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Soriku said:
I got a link here from GameFAQs. I used nextgenwars for a bit but then I heard VGC was FAR more accurate. I lurked for a while, found that the forums were interesting, then joined.
And the rest is history

I joined for the lulz...

I honestly don't remember..

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
I honestly don't remember..

Well.. that's pretty scary.. It's like VGChartz is part of your life.: "it was always there.."

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Read a post on Gamefaqs about someone bashing this site. So I lurked for a few months and decided I liked the community.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

i heard that the ps3 was seling terrible, well me friend said so i was googling for sales and found this site, at first i just had the web link on my desktop for a couple on months like. I would come in about 2 times each week to check out the sales, i never knew that there was a forum lol.

Then i wanted to see the aditional sales so i signed up on x-mas day.
I then discovered the forums around April time and i have never looked back

@DMeisterJ

You didn't join because of lulz...

Here is me and DMeisterJ journey on joining VGChartz

It all started out the begining of fall 2006, we were starting college and I wanted a site that provided game sales to my liking, well I previous was checking out: the-magicbox.com

And certainly made use of it but I wanted updated Japanese sales every week. That site was providing me with the info I needed. So I browse on google for a site with game sales and VGCharts.org came up and I clicked on the link and I came to the site. The site didn't look anything like it was today. It was bland and sort of empty. I was a lurker for some time because I didn't know anything about forums or anything. This was the first forum I joined ever.

So I joined and my first account was named Young 8ill. I posted a little bit but I simply didn't get the answers I wanted. I made threads but they would not get answered so I stepped away from the site, because there certainly wasn't a single Japanese person I could talk to. To answer my questions. So I then came back to the site around February or March and made another account under the name Tetsuya. I forgot my previous account "Young 8ill" password so I joined up with Tetsuya account. I posted a few and loved the community and ioi provided us at the time with more data that I wanted for understanding the Japanese market. I certainly ended up posting and posting a lot and enjoyed it.

My cousin (DMeisterJ) on the other hand didn't post like I wanted him to. He would make these small posts and the leave the site and the come back and leave. It was rather funny but later around the summer of 2007, he began to post a lot and a lot and he became a well known member or a troll as a may say for Sony.

But overall thats how me and my cousin joined VGChartz rather strange. But I certainly have a long history on this site. My outbursts because I wanted to be a mod to me making like 4 different accounts because I didn't like my profile name...lol

Strange but I wouldn't trade this site in for nothing else. The members on here are awesome and even though I'm not on like I want to be via job, video games and college and girls...lol I still try and find a way to log in and post.

I like this site....VGCHARTZ FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!

r b;ess you child, i nearly cried through that speech, no honestly i did

I was actually on NextGenWars and heard that their numbers weren't as precise as VGC so I decided to check this site out. I've been lurking on this site since the early beta phase and have only recently joined.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi