By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: "Avatars" are Microsoft's take on Mii's?

Well, well, well, what have we here? Looks like we're finally getting some real evidence that Microsoft really does have some sort of response to Nintendo's Miis on the way. It's been rumored for some time now and the above shot of the linked flash page seems portend the end of the rumors. Given more credibility by the fact that the link mentions an NDA (that we, and the person who sent us the link, never saw or signed) these "Xbox Avatars" certainly look to do everything that Miis do and more.

Taking into account that Microsoft doesn't seem too troubled by the rest of the year, this, along with the rumored "Newton" controller look to be what they're betting the farm on.

Hmm ... E3 should sure be interesting this year ...

Source : http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/06/15/rumor-avatars-are-microsoft-take-on-miis/

[

Around the Network

Good approach by Microsoft.

dunno don't like it, pic feels more hardcore

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I think we will see a re-design of Xbox 360 marketplace and Xbox 360 dashboard before the winter.

[

Haha, yeah, definite ripoff confirmed. :p It's the exact same idea, with only the designs a bit more fleshed out to appeal to their 'hardcore' crowd.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

i wonder if this will help them

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Cheebee said:
Haha, yeah, definite ripoff confirmed. :p It's the exact same idea, with only the designs a bit more fleshed out to appeal to their 'hardcore' crowd.
It's only ripoff when Sony does it.^^

yeah well the fact they didn't do the last update should tell US that they are probably working on something bigger than the usual correction or little changes we had the last iterations.

Hmm... even Microsoft jumps on the Wii Band wagon... The only company that really hasn't changed its ways drastically is Sony...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

If you can't beat them join them :)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints