By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SPOILER ALERT!Can someone provide an act 3 plot analysis for MGS4

Dont spoil it past act 3 but how come Snake is affected by Liquids system control? Is it because of his new FOXDIE?And is the new FOXDIE killing him or the old one.Thanks

Play B3yond

Around the Network

I don't see that he is affected. Liquid just gave him a good beating and made him quite weak.... remember his guns are laundered so they are not ID controlled, if I can remember correctly.

The new FOXDIE is not killing him (terminating genes are), it is turning him into a walking biological weapon according to what Naomi said in Act II.

Darn, I am beginning to forget some of the finer element of the story. I need to play this once again.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Liquids system control is through the use of nano machines which snake has inside him, they tell you that in the cutscene with Naomi i believe in like act 2. The new foxdie and the story behind that is explained later on in the game, actually its explained in a movie in the middle of the credits so make sure when you beat the game you pay attention. Snake isn't dieing because of the foxdie, he's dying because thats how he was made, he's a clone with shortened telomeres making him age quicker, the fox die is a virus inside him that is becoming mutant so, it wont affect him necissarily, it will kill those around him however once it becomes airborne.

Hope this helps. Make sure you watch every cutscene, you never know what you might miss. 

fox dies not killing solid snake accelerated aging is.fox die has mutated in his body and has become contageous in 3 months he will be a living breathing bio weapon. snake is affected by the system because he has nanomachines yhough he isnt affected as much as the pmc troops because his nanos are older

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

The FOXDIE isnt killing him, his aging is.

Snake is affected simply because he has nanomachines inside of him, just like every other soldier except ocelot, and raiden(he has no normal blood)

mM
Around the Network

Oh, I thought you were talking about the specific scenes of Act III. If it is in general, it is like the guys said.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Snake is dying because of shortened telomeres. Once telomeres are no more, cells can't divive anymore. Snake is dying because of FOXDIE, Werner's syndrome or cloning alone; he's dying because the Patriots wanted him to live shorter.

As for what comes to the system control... I kinda missed it. I'm not sure how it was explained.

@ZKUq

Meryl explained it, system control = Nano machines

mM

@leo-j: I thought it wouldn't affect Snake because his nanomachines were older generation. I still think that's the way it is. Most others are affected because they have newer nanos. Guess I'll have to play the game a few more times (I would have done that anyway).

As others have said, the control stems from the nanomachines and people with nanomachines (mainly registered PMC people) have them and are thus under the control of the system.

If you remember in MGS, Naomi locks Snake from using his weapons through his nanomachines in the nuclear disposal room and she also used the nanomachines to dull Snake's pain in the jail cell after he was tortured by Ocelot. Also, in Act one, he is unable to shoot that M4 at first which required Drebin to give him some new nanomachines. Even if he has older nanomachines, they can still control him.