By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGO League!

If you are interested in a MGO league, please post both your PSN ID  and Game ID please.

Here is the server info:

Server: C. Wolf

Game name: VGChartz

Password: ioi

Around the Network

Region locked? I'm planning on picking the game up when I hit the states, however, I have a Euro PS3. Does this mean that I will only be able to play against Europeans, or only against Americans?

SamuelRSmith said:
Region locked? I'm planning on picking the game up when I hit the states, however, I have a Euro PS3. Does this mean that I will only be able to play against Europeans, or only against Americans?

If you get the European version of MGS4, you can only play with people from europe. US version=US players.

I'm currently playing in the U.S.

Char = Ssyn

Yeah, the region locking is ridiculous. A lot of things about this game struck me as outdated and just plain backwards.

But I'd be willing to play some matches with vgers.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

If that doesn't kill you, don't forget about how you can only have one character and you have to purchase a $6 character slot to make more. I fear for the micro transactions in this game.

That said, how are people good at MGO? Do they use a FragFX controller or something? I mean, I'll see a guy get 4 or 5 back to back headshots within a short time while any kill I make feels like I'm throwing dice in a game of chance.

sieanr said:
Yeah, the region locking is ridiculous. A lot of things about this game struck me as outdated and just plain backwards.

But I'd be willing to play some matches with vgers.

I hate the way Konami handled MGO. Region locked, paying $7 for an extra player slot, numerous lag issues, multiple ID's, so far they failed at the online department.

IllegalPaladin said:
If that doesn't kill you, don't forget about how you can only have one character and you have to purchase a $6 character slot to make more. I fear for the micro transactions in this game.

That said, how are people good at MGO? Do they use a FragFX controller or something? I mean, I'll see a guy get 4 or 5 back to back headshots within a short time while any kill I make feels like I'm throwing dice in a game of chance.

I have no idea. For the most part getting headshots is lucky. I've done it in third person. First person is too hard for me.

Oh, seriously, that has pissed me off. Big time. I've just read about how Konami handles the whole shitty sign up system, and now I find that when I finally do go through the whole shitty rigmarole, I won't even be able to play with my friends.

SamuelRSmith said:
Oh, seriously, that has pissed me off. Big time. I've just read about how Konami handles the whole shitty sign up system, and now I find that when I finally do go through the whole shitty rigmarole, I won't even be able to play with my friends.

Why did Konami ignore PSN? It's there for a reason, why not use it?

Another thing, they have a total of 24 lobbies, but there is a limit of 1000 people per lobby. Thats a total of 24,000 people in all of the lobbies.