By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is The Xbox 360 Sales Right Or Wrong?

madskillz said:
Ps3_GOW said:

Does anyone think that all the replaced Xbox 360's effects the sales much? Like what drkohler said that it could be approximately 200000 units that are fake, does that sound right? or do you guys think it's much more?

With all due respect, I'd like pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, olives and extra cheese on my pizza.

Muchas gracias. 

Fixed... this is like another thread of "the numbers are wrong"

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

I don't believe that replacement units are accounted for in the VGChartz number, however, I do know that many people skip the whole replacement program and just buy a new 360, so there are atleast a few 360's sold that are just replacing a broken one, so that total is probably a tad bit higher than actual 360's out there.

FJ-Warez said:
madskillz said:
Ps3_GOW said:

Does anyone think that all the replaced Xbox 360's effects the sales much? Like what drkohler said that it could be approximately 200000 units that are fake, does that sound right? or do you guys think it's much more?

With all due respect, I'd like pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, olives and extra cheese on my pizza.

Muchas gracias.

Fixed... this is like another thread of "the numbers are wrong"

Ahhh. Muchas gracias. 

Aren't we going to take into account the PS3s that are sold solely for it's blu-ray capability. There's a lot of people out there who don't game but just watch blu-ray movies.

I'm guessing that the majority of the 80% sales increase are due to 360 owners. PS3 fanboys wouldn't wait for MGS4 to come out before purchasing a console. MGS4 is one of the best games out there and even I would purchase a PS3 just to play this game. I predict that sales should decrease significantly in the following month.

wow you guys are skeptical.

hrm i duno how i could prove its manufactured post october. i presumed it was since it was recently purchased.

i have a photo?

Around the Network

Last I checked, when MS reports shipping numbers, they are talking about consoles sold to shops...Not # manufactured.

So there are 0 replacement consoles included in that number.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

this is when it happened in early may. and yeah ive been surfing vgchartz for a long time just never felt the need to join/post before now.

^Nice glow on the Wii. How is that possable?

Squilliam said:
disrupt3r said:
starcraft said:
And we still haven't heard a single instance of a manufactured post-October system breaking down. Given how much of a hard-on the internet has for any and all cases of Rrod, thats something.

well i can confirm that there is atleast one. i bought a xbox 360 console about 6 weeks ago and it lasted a total of 15 minutes while playing halo 3 before it froze, turned off then had the 3 red rings when turned back on.

Actually Starcraft, the console will still give RROD, infact mine blipped it at me a couple of months ago when I knocked the power lead out. What it means essentially is somethings broken and its not the Drive or the Hard Disk Drive. The better statement is : Microsoft has fixed the faults that caused the original problem to be brought up, but like any other system faults do happen, but it is within the normal range for consoles now. @"cant see your name because this forum thing is messed up"... Too bad about the 360! Did the repair experience go well? It just sounds like a manufacturing fault, or a fault that developed in transport/handling. Could have been something like the GPU or CPU heatsink misaligned...

yeah no problem at all, just returned it to the store i purchased it from the next day as they had a 30 day instore warrenty. just exchanged it for another one. havnt had any problems since.