By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will Sony and Microsoft's philosophy towards online gaming change

Tispower said:
I hope that online gaming is continually made better, because when more and more people buy into third-gen consoles, I think it will be very cool (especially in online cooperative campaigns) to play with your friends and relatives that you would usually be unable to play with.

Also, unless Microsoft makes their Gold service free, I feel that many people will think in the nxt 2 years "Why should I pay for a service that is only marginally better than PSN/Whatever Nintendos one will be called?"

nintendo will call theirs Wii R online

Around the Network

Wii will go its own route with parental controls, maybe copy Microsofts acheivements thing. Eventually getting rid of the friend codes (hopefully). It will evolve slowly, and surely.

Microsoft will always be the leader of the online race. They are the PC people, and they have a rep to uphold. They aren't gonna screw that up. If they do it will only be out of luck and probably wont last that long.

I am not going to mention Sony because my opinion of them is pretty biased.

Ideally, every game should have strong single-player, strong local multi-player, and strong online multi-player.

And yes, games like Mario Party 8 with almost no reasonable single-player is just as bad as ones like Shadowrun or Warhawk (which at least is just a cheap downloadable). Motorstorm is a rip too with no local multi-player and limited single-player, but at least they know it and are adding play modes.

Personally I think devs are spending so much time optimizing graphics in next-gen titles that a lot of other stuff is getting left out.

DarkD said:
Microsoft will always be the leader of the online race.

Not much evidence to support that. There are already things that are better about the PSN, as I've stated. I don't call someone charging for what battle.net did for over a decade a leader of anything.

DKII said:
Ideally, every game should have strong single-player, strong local multi-player, and strong online multi-player.

And yes, games like Mario Party 8 with almost no reasonable single-player is just as bad as ones like Shadowrun or Warhawk (which at least is just a cheap downloadable). Motorstorm is a rip too with no local multi-player and limited single-player, but at least they know it and are adding play modes.

Personally I think devs are spending so much time optimizing graphics in next-gen titles that a lot of other stuff is getting left out.

I agree with the first statement, at least for most games.  I don't think graphics should be an excuse to not include modes.  That's what EA does, though. 

Around the Network
windbane said:
DKII said:

I agree with the first statement, at least for most games. I don't think graphics should be an excuse to not include modes. That's what EA does, though.

Agree aswell.

Also, as this site contains a lot of speculation, somebody should make a thread, about what people think Nintendo will call their online :P 

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk