By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Front page completely mangled in Linux

omgwtfbbq said:
ioi said:
You'll break most websites if you increase the text size too much...

But I didn't zoom the text in, this is using the default text zoom. I have to make the text smaller than normal to unmangle the front page. The problem I see is that the default Ubuntu font is slightly larger than the default Windows font and it changes everything.

I am running firefox 3, RC1 I believe.

and yes, turns out the pictures were in my photo album, thanks Chrizum

those who are using 8.04 and it's working fine, do you have the ms truetype fonts installed?

It looks like you have the wrong font, or possibly, you are missing fonts so it uses a different one in its place.

Around the Network

You guys use some wacky browsers. :p

i use firefox 2 in xp and it also looks freaky here. Only since like... yesturday though.

Check out my game about moles ^

epsilon72 said:
omgwtfbbq said:
ioi said:

But I didn't zoom the text in, this is using the default text zoom. I have to make the text smaller than normal to unmangle the front page. The problem I see is that the default Ubuntu font is slightly larger than the default Windows font and it changes everything.

those who are using 8.04 and it's working fine, do you have the ms truetype fonts installed?

It looks like you have the wrong font, or possibly, you are missing fonts so it uses a different one in its place.

yeah you definitely have a different font to me. Did you install the "restricted extras" package, easyubuntu, or anything else that may have installed the microsoft ttf fonts, or some other extra fonts?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I installed some fonts with the same metrics as the ms core fonts, and it works fine now. easy enough solution. Probably a good idea to design the front page so that it doesn't get completely mangled if you increase the font size, some people have bad eyes =/

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:
ioi said:

mine looks exactly like this too.. and i'm using firefox 3 on XP.. i made my text much smaller and it started working, i used to have a similar problem which was less annoying with the old design, where just the region breakdown didn't fit within the view.. however now it looks just like the above picture.. i can deal with it, but its a little annoying

EDIT: on closer inspection.. mine isn't exactly the same as above, my font is different (my font is the font in the 'correct' looking homepage which was also posted here

Yeah, I have the ms fonts installed on mine.

ioi should make the website independent of proprietary Microsoft fonts (if that was the problem).

hold down the cntrl button + scroll.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

omgwtfbbq said:
I installed some fonts with the same metrics as the ms core fonts, and it works fine now. easy enough solution. Probably a good idea to design the front page so that it doesn't get completely mangled if you increase the font size, some people have bad eyes =/

How do you do that, because i have the same home page of you.

Edit: i have found, thanks.