By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The most promising energy generation technology

do you work for a nuclear power firm or something soleron?

Around the Network

wait, where did I say Hydrogen fuel cells PRODUCES energy? I'm just saying it's just another technology that works in THEORY but never really makes it to commercial practicality.

Let's not kid ourself, Nuclear Fission is all we have and we aren't using it nearly enough. what is it now? 7% of our power coming from it? Let's make that 70 and I will be happy

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Actually, I think our energy will be coming from the earth ring. Right now, they're working on building a space elevator. I don't understand completely, but the potential difference generated enough energy that it burned out the little robot that was supposed to be weaving the anchor lines for the thing. If you place a series of these so they form geosynch orbit and then attach a ring around them, you can just siphon off excess potential difference.
It does sounds pretty far fetched, but not totally impossible.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

PS360ForTheWin said:
do you work for a nuclear power firm or something soleron?

No - I'm not trying to "lie about how safe it is" - it IS safe. The connotations of the word 'nuclear' shouldn't be applied in this case - it is about as damaging to the environment as solar power. I'm trying to convince people that it is the most promising technology and also making the point that the US has cut all funding for it.

" Right now, they're working on building a space elevator. I don't understand completely, but the potential difference generated enough energy that it burned out the little robot that was supposed to be weaving the anchor lines for the thing. If you place a series of these so they form geosynch orbit and then attach a ring around them, you can just siphon off excess potential difference. "

That sounds awesome. I assume the energy is 'really' coming from the Sun unevenly heating the upper and lower atmosphere, because you can't get free energy, but if that is true it is better than what I have suggested. Of course, a space elevator is awesome anyway because we could put stuff in orbit for free*.

*As in, bring stuff down like minerals from asteroids to create the force needed to pull the stuff we want up.

actually, I think the energy from the space elevator is more closely tied to gravity, atmospheric differences at the different alititudes, and the earth's rotation. Like I said, I don't entirely understand it, but I am fairly certin the sun is actually entirely seperate from that, but certainly an easy thing that could be added to it once you get up to that height, where you don't have to worry about clouds interfering.

And Soleron is correct about his Nuclear Power issues. Heck, even Nuclear Fission isn't that dangerous, provided that the plant is built and run PROPERLY. nearly all disasters have been caused by people being utterly retarded or tryign to shortcut instead of following proper procedures. 

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

We just need a nice mixture of solar, wind, hydrogen, and nuclear energy.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Iv always thought that the government should build giant gym type buildings with treadmills that generate energy, they could employ people to run on them, aswell as making it a comunity service type thing. :D

Thatmax said:
Iv always thought that the government should build giant gym type buildings with treadmills that generate energy, they could employ people to run on them, aswell as making it a comunity service type thing. :D

That just might work.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089