a demo is not a beta

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
@ kber81 )

a demo is not a beta

... obviously you are right.

kber81 said:
Dolla Dolla said:
Good question. I haven't seen any scores for it.

Trusty Bell got 9/9/9/8 - 35/40
NGS got 9/8/8/8 - 33/40

I don't see any scores for FolksSoul. It's not in the recent Famitsu Most Wanted list either: http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2007/06/05/surprise-japan-wants-halo-3-too

I think Famitsu will provide a review next week. As few members already pointed this isn't a classic jRPG so things may go really good (more than 100k) or really bad here (below 50k). I believe it will be pretty successful due to beta. Sixaxis controls gives some spice too.

Famitsu scores are usually coming out on Wednesday. And no, Folksoul has never been in the famitsu most wanted, though being in the top list of Famitsu doesn't necessary mean the game will sell much. Paper Mario has never been in the charts either and is selling quite good in Japan. Though I don't expect much of Folksoul sales, Game Republic is not a very known developer.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

@ WiiGirl76

Do they list scores on the website? 

Dolla Dolla said:
Thanks for the info.

Also seems Dead Rising is added to the Platinum Collection for Japan. I guess that means it'll be selling for 30 bucks instead of the standard 60 (USD, not sure the price in yen).

The demo of NGS was downloaded 100,000 in Japan, so it looks like this could be a "good" selling game for the PS3.

Google Translation:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsinobi.ameblo.jp%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Where did you get the number of times NGS was downloaded? 100,000 is a rather small percentage of the userbase honestly, I download every demo that comes out, even if I have no intention of buying the game, so do other people I know, so I wouldn't exactly assume this figure will translate into sales.

going back to Trusty Bell, I really hope MS capatilizes on this launch, they should drop the price on Blue Dragon and push a huge ad campaign, they should have also released a Lost Odyessy demo with the trusty Bell packin version of the system. They should do everything to prove things are now different. 

Around the Network

So only 4 days left? =)
June 14th - TB and NGS.
June 21th - Folklore.

But just remember, some people were expecting Big sales of Forza 2 9/9/9/9/ and it still got around 11-15k. =)

Yeah, really interesting month gonna be. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Forza sucked in america too... that amazed me. only 150,000 on launch...

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad, in defense of Forza 2 in America -

The numbers are VGChartz numbers, and just that. They could be off vs. NPD by a bit, or not, who knows. I was certainly expecting Forza 2 to do higher, but it sold out at launch where I live, and Bodhesava (a Toys R Us Employee) has stated they've been sold out since launch, regardless of re-supplies.

IMO, Forza could end up doing quite well over the summer. Racers haven't always done great at the start for MS. Forza 1 only sold (citing VG Chartz) 1.01m units. Just with the US + Japanese numbers, they're already 17% of the way there within 10 days. For all purposes, I think Forza 2 (citing MGC numbers), has probably done near US Week 1 numbers as well.

Either way, as stated, I think that between Forza 2, Trusty Bell, and either a cheaper or more available Blue Dragon could certainly move a ton of systems (nowhere near 360s December, but heck, it could outsell what the 360 did last year before November in a matter of 2 months).

Myself, as well as everyone most likely agrees that TB will not get the numbers that BD has. At max, I think the game could get 175,000, and that's being VERY generous. However, at this juncture, anything past 75,000 units in it's lifetime is going to be huge (and get it in the top 5 games for the 360), and probably will happen.

I do agree with Crazzy man about this month: between RE:4Wii, NGS, Folksoul, Trusty Bell, and everything else, it's certainly a great month in Japan.

Just think...The top 2 games for next week could indeed be X360 and PS3 games, and not DS Dominance.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I don't really see how folklore will sell well. I didn't find the video impressive, it seems to me that it's just been anounced. And due to a lack of coverage I'm willing to bet it reviews some what lackluster. IGN seemed to feel the controls back in May were a little jerky, and the story confusing. Although they seemed to think it would mesh by launch. (although may and june are next to each other). So I seriously doubt this title will sell 50,000 plus. If it does hats off. Honestly too, I'm not trying to knock the ps3 here, I'm actually defending it. I'm basically saying if this game sells poorly it shouldn't be used to judge the state of the ps3 hardware sales. If the current ps3 situation were to change I believe it will change with the arrival of Monster Hunter and FF.  Until then I believe it'll just have a few boosts.

360 on the other needs Trusty Bell to sell well. Because after this their last line of defense is Lost Odyessy, if lost Odyessy doesn't help 360 establish a stronger audience in Japan, they might as well call it quits because Blue Dragon 2 won't help any, and Cry On probably won't make much of a difference either especially in light of the fact that it will be up against greater odds. 

So BD only sold 80k in Japan?

it makes you wonder exactly what the ~400k X360 owners in Japan are playing...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!