By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Trusty Bell - first shipment

First shipment is around 70k (consoles bundled with the game not included) according to sinobi.ameblo.jp

http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/

Around the Network

Hmmm thats a pretty good number for a 360 game. How much where the first shipment numbers of Blue Dragon?

Thanks for the info.

Also seems Dead Rising is added to the Platinum Collection for Japan. I guess that means it'll be selling for 30 bucks instead of the standard 60 (USD, not sure the price in yen).

The demo of NGS was downloaded 100,000 in Japan, so it looks like this could be a "good" selling game for the PS3.

Google Translation:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsinobi.ameblo.jp%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

BD was around 125k between the bundled units + freestanding units if Im not mistaken.

Thats actually a bit higher than BD.

Im assuming MS probablly made a run of 50,000 TB Bundles for launch.

VERY impressive. Forza 2 most likely only had a 1st shipment of 25~30,000.

I would anticipate, then, sales of no less than 50k units inc. bundled packs. Could even be 125k f/w if it sold out.

Holy crap, if it sold 125k first week, could you imagine the hardware sales, and the rumors going around?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Second post:

Wow. TB, plus a DR price drop. That could bode well for Dead Rising, Japans most under-sold game (but its still on the lists).

I wonder if Blue Dragon will be getting a price drop too? IMO, it'd help it out a ton.

Also, a quick note: According to Vinnk, over at NeoGAF, some of the Blue Dragon bundles (the 50-75k units), ended up being re-sold to stores after the customers beat BD, and were subsequently re-bought by others. I dont think these count to 360 sales, but my point is....Suppose those people came on board + the new ones that will commit to the 360 for a 3.35 tier ratio in the future....That could be quite a boost for the 360 over summer.

Around the Network

just another 360 game doomed in the japanese market in my opinion...... lets compare the sales of this game with folklore for the ps3 they both come this month

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Lets also compare the fact that Folklore is releasing on a system that has 2.5 the number of systems sold.

Then we can make discussion about such. Until then, lets stay on topic, which is about Trusty Bell, okay?

PS3 users are starved for ANY Japanese centric game right now, so Folklore should get a good boost. And, as mrstickball pointed out, the install base is nearly 3 times that of the 360. By that logic, Folklore should sell at least about 3 times the number of Trusty Bell games sold. So, if TB pulls in 50k it's first week, we should expect Folklore to get 150k, right?

I agree that's impressive when consider userbase...  the question is how many of this will finish in someones hands.

Dolla Dolla said:
PS3 users are starved for ANY Japanese centric game right now, so Folklore should get a good boost. And, as mrstickball pointed out, the install base is nearly 3 times that of the 360. By that logic, Folklore should sell at least about 3 times the number of Trusty Bell games sold. So, if TB pulls in 50k it's first week, we should expect Folklore to get 150k, right?

I would agree, the games are few/far in between and the ps3 was the first system i packed for the move. My wii isnt packed yet, but i doubt i will play it for the move, i just use it to send mii's from time to time