By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Fable 2 Screens. One sexy looking game.

I´ll just give my personal impressions of the Fable 2 vids I´ve watched so far. The game had serious framerate drops, Molyneux was stating each time that this is not the final version so we´ll see how it turns out. The lightning bothered me a lot, maybe the TV´s brightness was set too high, dunno, what I know is that it bothered me. The combat felt a lot more like an action game than that of an RPG and the enemy AI seemed very low (maybe goblins are meant to be that stupid in combat). I personally didn´t like the art in Fable and I don´t like it in Fable 2 either. The graphics are good, but not the best I´ve ever seen on consoles, but that´s not a big point I judge games to begin with. Finally they were some technical problems here and there that would hinder gameplay. In the end, I wasn´t impressed. Molyneux said there would be lots of neat stuff in Fable 2 to do, but in Fable they didn´t have much of an impact to me so I´m skeptical about Fable 2 as well.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
Jandre002 said:
You know MGS4 came out yesterday right? So while the day before yesterday this would have been "sexy" it has now been downgraded to "damn near sexy" because the bar has been raised by approx. 6.25 sex points.

In all seriousness though, that looks pretty good for an RPG.
Graphically MGS4 isn't that impressive. Or did you mean overall sexiness? Not even Sony fans have been hyping MGS4's graphics.

did I read that right,,,did you just say this game looks beter than MGS4???

looool

let me put it this way ,,,there isn't a single game (not even uncharted,assasin's creed,greas of war,mass effect,...) that looks nearly as good as MGS4,,,,you ll believe it when you play the game on an HD TV

don't let fanboyism kill your appreciation of another game's graphics,,,,,welll I guess that has happened long time ago ;)

Er, I HAVE seen it on an HDTV, as I mentioned earlier in this thread.  I may be seeing a lot more of it on a huge Sony LCD 1080p television later this week.  Around at my mates place.  The game is certainly very pretty, but lets not pretend its the bee's knees.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
Jandre002 said:
You know MGS4 came out yesterday right? So while the day before yesterday this would have been "sexy" it has now been downgraded to "damn near sexy" because the bar has been raised by approx. 6.25 sex points.

In all seriousness though, that looks pretty good for an RPG.
Graphically MGS4 isn't that impressive. Or did you mean overall sexiness? Not even Sony fans have been hyping MGS4's graphics.

did I read that right,,,did you just say this game looks beter than MGS4???

looool

let me put it this way ,,,there isn't a single game (not even uncharted,assasin's creed,greas of war,mass effect,...) that looks nearly as good as MGS4,,,,you ll believe it when you play the game on an HD TV

don't let fanboyism kill your appreciation of another game's graphics,,,,,welll I guess that has happened long time ago ;)

Er, I HAVE seen it on an HDTV, as I mentioned earlier in this thread. I may be seeing a lot more of it on a huge Sony LCD 1080p television later this week. Around at my mates place. The game is certainly very pretty, but lets not pretend its the bee's knees.

and pretend that TOTALY MEDIOCRE graphics of fable 2 looks good?

you gotta pass around what your smoking,,,,,

MGS4>uncharted>gears of war>mass effect>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fable2

maybe you need to get your eyes checked man ,,your claims are making me worried about your health ;)

MGS4 got 10 in graphics from Many magaiznes ,,lets see how many 10s fable 2 will get in the graphic department.

SpartanFX said:

and pretend that TOTALY MEDIOCRE graphics of fable 2 looks good?

you gotta pass around what your smoking,,,,,

MGS4>uncharted>gears of war>mass effect>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fable2

maybe you need to get your eyes checked man ,,your claims are making me worried about your health ;)

MGS4 got 10 in graphics from Many magaiznes ,,lets see how many 10s fable 2 will get.

I hate to put you on the same level as Gobius, but I'm going to have to ask how that co-op demonstration ended?

There is no way you called the game's graphics "TOTALLY MEDIOCRE" after watching that demo. 

starcraft said:
Million said:
I don't think I need to watch the game in motion to have a fair assesment of it

That was where the relevance of your post ended.

Somehow I doubt you'll maintain that same line if I decide to base my opinion of a PS3 exclusive on screenshots in the future.

Since when was watching a full length video of a game neccasery to have a decent assesment of it ? Screenshots are a good enough indicator for some one who's not really interested or unsure about the game , I seriously dought i could be unimpressed by the screen shot but blown away by the game in motion.

-5 for taking the quote out of context.

Around the Network

@starcraft:

let's see the reviewer comments about the MGS4 graphics:

gamespot:Mind-blowing audiovisual presentation

IGN (US):
Graphics
Incredibly detailed and visually breathtaking, with amazing camera angles, MGS4 is one of the most beautiful titles ever made.

IGN(UK):
Graphics
The visuals in MGS 4 are as cutting-edge as you can rightfully expect from the latest videogame blockbuster, boasting as much style as technical expertise.

and so on,,,I really don't understand your comment on MGS$ graphics,,,it just reassures me that you haven't seen the game upclose

OT:I did watch this gameplay and it DID look totally mediocre,the movement is so choppy and unnatural ,,the trees are like card board,,,,This game is really a bad example for 360's graphic power,,,Gears of war 2 look 10000000000000000 better than this.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/6855/Fable-2-Gameplay-HD/

Alsolet me guess what's your next claim,,,

fable 2 look better than KZ2/Gears2

BWahaahhahahahahahahahahahah

the next claim after that is

fable 2 looks better than crysis

BWAhahahaahahahhahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahh

SpartanFX said:

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/6855/Fable-2-Gameplay-HD/

There's your problem.

Lets ignore that horrible TRAILER, and check out the awesome GAMEPLAY below:

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/6334/Fable-2-CoOp-Demo-HD/

Fable 2 is total slut, there i said it.

happy now Starcraft.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Fable 2 is total slut, there i said it.

happy now Starcraft.
Absolutely.  Assuming that means the same thing in the USA that it does here