By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 exclusives sell 45% better than multiplatform releases

ot : maybe cause multiplatform owners prefer to buy the games on other systems than the PS3 (hence the low increase for multiplat on these and high for PS3)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

@Galaki

Sorry I was a little late.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Too bad that even with a 45% increase in sales it'll still sell better if its multi-platform (and sell better on the 360 aswell). Thats the reality of the game, if your going hd and your not being money hatted its going to be multi-platform.

There is a simple reason here, the PS3 has the better exclusives.

End of.

MGS4!

Q_A_X said:
There is a simple reason here, the PS3 has the better exclusives.

End of.
Better exclusives than what?  They haven't given numbers on the other consoles.  Not mention the glaringly obvious methodological flaws of the study.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
wfz said:
Is that a joke? All of the highest selling Wii games are exclusives. :?

It's taking the average of all the shovelware games plus the Wii's real games to make the PS3 look good.

Now, let me say this about this bullcrap story.

It seems they find it prefectly fine to refer to the Wii when it comes to how well exclusives benefit the system. However, when it comes to NPD, it's 360 vs PS3? Rubbish.

I'd like to see the PS3's average vs the Wii's for million sellers to exclusives.

It's easy to come up with a good ratio when you only have about 4 or 5 exclusive titles, and your biggest competition is over-ran with "exclusive" shovelware.

What a load. This article is cherrypicking, biased BS and anyone who believes it need to re-examine asap.

Lets say Anubis, Gingerbread Man, Catz, Dogz, Fredz, Bubz, and SMG sell 7 million copies combined.

Now lets say Uncharted sells 1.5 million copies by iteself.

7 million / 7 = 1 million each Wii

1.5 million / 1 = 1.5 million each PS3

...yeah, exclusives benefit the PS3 more. Yeah right.

PS3 exclusives VS PS3 multiplatform

no one talk about wii

PS3 exclusives take years to develop and cost a lot of money to develop and they better sell more for the sake of the developers.

lol, I guess I contribute to the numbers a little bit. The only games I have (not many) are only PS3 exclusives and I've been renting games for the past year.

tanker said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
wfz said:
Is that a joke? All of the highest selling Wii games are exclusives. :?

It's taking the average of all the shovelware games plus the Wii's real games to make the PS3 look good.

Now, let me say this about this bullcrap story.

It seems they find it prefectly fine to refer to the Wii when it comes to how well exclusives benefit the system. However, when it comes to NPD, it's 360 vs PS3? Rubbish.

I'd like to see the PS3's average vs the Wii's for million sellers to exclusives.

It's easy to come up with a good ratio when you only have about 4 or 5 exclusive titles, and your biggest competition is over-ran with "exclusive" shovelware.

What a load. This article is cherrypicking, biased BS and anyone who believes it need to re-examine asap.

Lets say Anubis, Gingerbread Man, Catz, Dogz, Fredz, Bubz, and SMG sell 7 million copies combined.

Now lets say Uncharted sells 1.5 million copies by iteself.

7 million / 7 = 1 million each Wii

1.5 million / 1 = 1.5 million each PS3

...yeah, exclusives benefit the PS3 more. Yeah right.

PS3 exclusives VS PS3 multiplatform

no one talk about wii

Read the OP: 

"Exclusives on both the Wii and Xbox 360, according to the analyst, only have a "small increase" over multiplatform titles."

tanker said:

Exclusives on both the Wii and Xbox 360, according to the analyst, only have a "small increase" over multiplatform titles.