By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 exclusives sell 45% better than multiplatform releases

PS3 fanboys don't like to share, it seems. According to EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich, PS3 owners prefer exclusives on their systems. In fact, a title that is exclusive to PS3 will sell 45% better on the system than a multiplatform title. Exclusives on both the Wii and Xbox 360, according to the analyst, only have a "small increase" over multiplatform titles.

June NPDs are almost guaranteed to belong to Sony, and Microsoft may respond to two consecutive months of PS3 victories through a price cut announced at E3. How will this affect the price of the PS3? "If there is a hardware price cut, it is not known if Sony will follow suit right way, but it would be safe to assume that Sony would execute some type of plan within a 2 month window of any hardware price cut from the Xbox 360."

The console war looks to be heating up. It'll be interesting to see where it goes in the coming months.

Link

Around the Network

PS3 exclusives are often much better than 360 to PS3 ports.

Best launch games Motorstorm and Resistance: Fall of Man.

IMO most impressive games of 2007 in general: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Uncharted.

Best and most impressive PSN games: Super Stardust HD and Warhawk.

Good multi-platform efforts do sell well on the PS3, look at Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed. Some games got delayed compared to 360 releases, some were quick and dirty suboptimal ports. For multi-platform owners it's not strange to get a 360 version of such games beforehand.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Is that a joke? All of the highest selling Wii games are exclusives. :?

tanker said:

PS3 fanboys don't like to share, it seems. According to EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich, PS3 owners prefer exclusives on their systems. In fact, a title that is exclusive to PS3 will sell 45% better on the system than a multiplatform title. Exclusives on both the Wii and Xbox 360, according to the analyst, only have a "small increase" over multiplatform titles.

June NPDs are almost guaranteed to belong to Sony, and Microsoft may respond to two consecutive months of PS3 victories through a price cut announced at E3. How will this affect the price of the PS3? "If there is a hardware price cut, it is not known if Sony will follow suit right way, but it would be safe to assume that Sony would execute some type of plan within a 2 month window of any hardware price cut from the Xbox 360."

The console war looks to be heating up. It'll be interesting to see where it goes in the coming months.

Link

HALO3 and Gears of War anyone???

This makes sense. So far, third party multiplatform games have tended to sell best on the Xbox 360.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

@ starcraft

haha whats what i said.

The reason exlusives sell better on the ps3 is
b/c they HAVE to buy something for the system. People usually get the
multiplatform games for the 360/ Wii....

PHAIL!

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

the problem with that is considering install base, a game will sell 70% more than that released on both 360 and ps3 and about 10% better on 360. thats of course assuming all other things are even which they are not.

it basically is telling devs to go multiplatform, but 360 or ps3 exclusive doesnt really matter.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Sounds like rubbish to me, all the big Wii games are exclusives.

aiden.cronus said:
@ starcraft

haha whats what i said.

The reason exlusives sell better on the ps3 is
b/c they HAVE to buy something for the system. People usually get the
multiplatform games for the 360/ Wii....

PHAIL!

Er, that doesn't make any sense.  The reason Sony fans buy masses of exclusives, even though those exclusives normally score less on metacritic than comparable exclusives on the 360 is because they have LESS to play. 

Take PGR4 on the 360 for example.  In insanely awesome game according to metacritic, but it came at a time when 360 owners simply had too many awesome games to play so it bombed hard.  If it had been multiplatform or PS3 exclusive it would have done far better, with Sony PS3 owners clamouring for something to play.

It was one major argument for why GTAIV would have a higher attach rate on the PS3.  If you have less to play, your more likely to rally around the big multiplat. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Am I mising the point of this, i don't think he is saying they sell more, just 45% better then if they were one multiplatform.

So, if a multiplatform game on the PS3 sold 100k, then a exclusive of the same game would sell 145k. This in the end is not as good as 100k for PS3 and 150k for 360 but then there are more 360s out there. I think it's also based on number of people buying.

So 1million Wii, 360 and PS3 owners all buy an exclusive game, if multi they each game on the consoles sell 100k, but if exclusive, Wii and 360 reach 120k lets say and PS3 exclusive sells 145k.

Is that what he's getting at?...no?

Hmm, pie.