By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ninty suing Nyko for the Wireless Nunchuk infrigment copyright

aiden.cronus said:
Boo Nintendo!!
And why you booing Nintendo? care you explain? or you're trolling?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
wfz said:
Why did Nintendo take so long to sue? We've known about these Nyko nunchucks for a long time now, and many gaming sites have reported on it months ago.

I'm not exactly aware of how long it takes to get these cases into light, but shouldn't this have been raised a while ago?

The longer you leave it the more you hurt them.

yeah I was thinking along the lines of rath, cos nintendo left it a while they can actually sue something. maybe it took a while for a nintendo person to get one and open it up and check the parts or something. Any way I also agree with galaki, I was gonna say something to do with if some one wrote a book and then some one else copyed it and maybe made it better then the person who wrote the original would be loosing sales and reputation

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

I think that Ninty will make a wireless nunchuk but if they are, they should also make a charger pack and not need to buy batteries anymore. chargeable batteries are actually lasts less than disposable batteries and it annoys me sometimes.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
I think that Ninty will make a wireless nunchuk but if they are, they should also make a charger pack and not need to buy batteries anymore. chargeable batteries are actually lasts less than disposable batteries and it annoys me sometimes.

http://www.eneloop.info/ ;)

The worth the price, way better than any chargeables out there, way better than battaries ;) 

Around the Network
Just_Ben said:
yushire said:

http://www.eneloop.info/ ;)

The worth the price, way better than any chargeables out there, way better than battaries ;)

OK THANKS for the help! Really needed batteries like that :) 

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Rath said:
wfz said:
Why did Nintendo take so long to sue? We've known about these Nyko nunchucks for a long time now, and many gaming sites have reported on it months ago.

I'm not exactly aware of how long it takes to get these cases into light, but shouldn't this have been raised a while ago?

The longer you leave it the more you hurt them.

The real reason, is because they can't sue until they get their hands on the item or design specs. If they sued before the took it apart and compared it to what they had patents on, they would get thrown out of court and waste tons of money.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Never have I seen Nintendo sue one of those guys, they should sue the guys who made the GC controllers that look exactly like Nintendo GC controllers but have no *game cube* brand on them.

Those things break so easily.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Look at the Amazon listing for this product:

http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-87027-Wireless-Kama-Nunchuk/dp/B0012R58LG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1213363338&sr=8-1

Not only does the product name contain both "Wii" and "Nunchuk" (surely Wii is a registered trademark, Nunchuk may also be protected), but the exterior design is almost equal to the official Nunchuk's. I'm not a lawyer, but if Nyko didn't get permission from Nintendo to use the names and design I'd say they'll lose in court.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

sc94597 said:
Wow ninty is getting money hungry. Does anybody even want to buy that crappy product? I see no point in suing unless they want more money to go on top of their already massive amount.

I'd sue the hell out of anyone that tried to steal my design without paying me royalties. If you don't then the people that do pay royalties get upset, and more people would stop paying royalties or not even bother trying to get licensing agreements in the first place.

Yes the product is probably not on par with other Nintendo products and makes it more imperative that Nintendo sue them because the are using trademarked names without permission. In the casual market the buyer doesn't know the difference between third and first party accessories and if they buy a shitty product they may automatically think Nintendo is to blame.

Hell, I like Nyko alot and have bought more third party accessories from them than any other 3rd party company in history but they are in the wrong here and rightfully getting called out for it.