By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DOUCHE FIGHT! - David Jaffe attacks Laurent Fischer for 'geeks' comment

ZenfoldorVGI said:

He apologized. If he was completely innocent, I doubt he woulda done that.

Anyway, Jaffe is, imo, a mediocre, over-rated developer as well, which is only one amongst the many reasons I hate the man. All you have to do is listen to him talk for 5 minutes IRL and you would hate him too, trust me. Jaffe just comes off like such an elitist douche, besides being an admitted Sony fanboy. You know how the gamestop guys talk to you? It's like that, except he doesn't try to hide his pretentiousness.

On the internet, it's easy to like the A-hole, because you don't exactly have to invest any time in hanging around him. However, IRL, he would be the guy that you had to keep parties secret from so he wouldn't show up and ruin it for everybody.

So love him, for all I care, but don't ask me to do the same.

Yikes, you'd hate someone for simply mediocre and over-rated?  You need a hug.

*hugs*

In all seriousness though, he does seem somewhat pretentious. 

Around the Network
pearljammer said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

He apologized. If he was completely innocent, I doubt he woulda done that.

Anyway, Jaffe is, imo, a mediocre, over-rated developer as well, which is only one amongst the many reasons I hate the man. All you have to do is listen to him talk for 5 minutes IRL and you would hate him too, trust me. Jaffe just comes off like such an elitist douche, besides being an admitted Sony fanboy. You know how the gamestop guys talk to you? It's like that, except he doesn't try to hide his pretentiousness.

On the internet, it's easy to like the A-hole, because you don't exactly have to invest any time in hanging around him. However, IRL, he would be the guy that you had to keep parties secret from so he wouldn't show up and ruin it for everybody.

So love him, for all I care, but don't ask me to do the same.

Yikes, you'd hate someone for simply mediocre and over-rated? You need a hug.

*hugs*

In all seriousness though, he does seem somewhat pretentious.

I'd bold the part you're missing, but you already did that for me.

(hint: "..only one amongst the many reasons") 

...clearly a joke, OK, a really bad one

(followed by 'in all seriousness')