By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN gives MGS4 10/10

SpartanFX said:
kingofwale said:
ArtznCraphs said:
Actually, Gamespot seem to be one of the stingier scorers.

But yeah, IGN are a tad, shall we say, "optimistic" with their reviews

Gamespy are pretty dependable.

IGN is reviewed by people who ENJOY the said genre.

so you don't get hypocrite reviews like G4. where they base on game from one genre.

exactlyyyy ;)

Remember the whole Crisis Core getting 2/5 by G4?? with racial comments included? :P

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

guys,they gave it the score they thought it deserved

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

StanGable said:
I actually like Metal Gear a lot but a fucking 45 minute cut scene is ridiculous even if it's not 90 like most people suggested. Had they said 20 I would consider sitting thru one of those.

How long is the longest cutscene in the other MGS games?

I thought they were always long;.

I don't know, it looks like SMG or GTA4 is a better game according to every other reviewer. We will see how well it does though, 4 scores of 80% so far, GTA4 has 2, SMG has none. (Gamerankings)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

i played about 1 hour of mgs4 in my cousins house and its really amazing game much better then gta4 in my opinion, i skipped the cut scenes because i am gonna watch them when i buy my own ps3 and mgs4.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network
trestres said:
I don't know, it looks like SMG or GTA4 is a better game according to every other reviewer. We will see how well it does though, 4 scores of 80% so far, GTA4 has 2, SMG has none. (Gamerankings)

its incredible how SMG never got a score under 90%

brute said:

That's fine.  But people on here seem to see IGN as some trustworthy final authority when it comes to game reviews, and I can't fathom why.  They're no better than Gamepro.

ArtznCraphs said:
brute said:

That's fine.  But people on here seem to see IGN as some trustworthy final authority when it comes to game reviews, and I can't fathom why.  They're no better than Gamepro.

one reviewer isnt better then all,but IGN is very credible

brute said:
ArtznCraphs said:
brute said:

one reviewer isnt better then all,but IGN is very credible

Softball reviewing isn't very credible imo.  IGN is fast food games "journalism"

Edit:  Between this thread and the other one I guess you can tell I reeaally don't think highly of IGN :p

^i know what you mean they did give two tens very quick,but like i said they liked it that much thats why they reviewed it that high