By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your prediction regarding MGS4 Japan's First day number

250k.

400k first week.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

200k.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Okay, I'm editing my previous guess.  TheSource @ 200,000 and ioi @ 215,000...so I'll guess 207,500.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

call me crazy, but i say 1mill first week. Whats with everybody giving this game low numbers of sales. If we were talking about halo, egveryone would say 3 million. I'm tired of it. I'm no fanboy but if this game doesn't get 10 rating, neither does gta iv or halo 3 deserve a 10 rating. They hype this game so much and it will sell a lot. Some 360 fanboy said that gears of war 2 will be better and that they should skip this game. I just want to point something out to all 360 fanboys. The 360 is no the best system of all time. Don't get me wrong its a great system, but microsoft tries way to hard to destroy sony. I'm really dissapointed in the generation were in on video consoles. I think two genertions before was better, this was one is okay but could be better.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Snake612 said:
call me crazy, but i say 1mill first week. Whats with everybody giving this game low numbers of sales. If we were talking about halo, egveryone would say 3 million.

They are talking about Japan.

Around the Network
Snake612 said:
call me crazy, but i say 1mill first week. Whats with everybody giving this game low numbers of sales. If we were talking about halo, egveryone would say 3 million. I'm tired of it. I'm no fanboy but if this game doesn't get 10 rating, neither does gta iv or halo 3 deserve a 10 rating. They hype this game so much and it will sell a lot. Some 360 fanboy said that gears of war 2 will be better and that they should skip this game. I just want to point something out to all 360 fanboys. The 360 is no the best system of all time. Don't get me wrong its a great system, but microsoft tries way to hard to destroy sony. I'm really dissapointed in the generation were in on video consoles. I think two genertions before was better, this was one is okay but could be better.

We're just talking about Japan first day sales...not Worldwide.  I think almost everyone expects it to do well over 1,000,000 worldwide first week.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Snake612 said:

We're talking about Japan here. When you say 1mil, half the PS3 owners in Japan will buy the game which is simply impossible.

I agree with you if you mean worldwide, it should beat 1 million it its first week.

240k first day, 350k first week.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

With total sales like 360k, the first day sales should be ~240k, or 2/3 of total sales. =)
Though, it could sell more, then 240k. =) Since, atleast in one shop:

Shinobi mentioned MGS4 sales impression from another blog.

http://ameblo.jp/omisedayori/entry-10105693995.html

In that guy's shop (launch day),

- 100% sell-thru for normal version, 90% for special version
- Complete sell-out for steel-colored special hardware bundles, 2 left for Sony's own hardware bundles
- Not too outstanding normal PS3 pushes compared with the sales of hardware bundles
- The total sales of MGS4 in the launch day alone already exceeded the LTDs of MNG5, DMC4 and RGG3, and just a little bit behind the LTD of Musou 5, the best-selling PS3 game in his shop.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
With total sales like 360k, the first day sales should be ~240k, or 2/3 of total sales. =)
Though, it could sell more, then 240k. =) Since, atleast in one shop:

Shinobi mentioned MGS4 sales impression from another blog.

http://ameblo.jp/omisedayori/entry-10105693995.html

In that guy's shop (launch day),

- 100% sell-thru for normal version, 90% for special version
- Complete sell-out for steel-colored special hardware bundles, 2 left for Sony's own hardware bundles
- Not too outstanding normal PS3 pushes compared with the sales of hardware bundles
- The total sales of MGS4 in the launch day alone already exceeded the LTDs of MNG5, DMC4 and RGG3, and just a little bit behind the LTD of Musou 5, the best-selling PS3 game in his shop.

i read a few blogs too and they didn't paint a very good picture..

like here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/06/solid_snakes_last_stand.html

"There was a decent sprinkling of fans at the San Francisco launch, reports Kotaku and a modest crowd in Tokyo, according to Famitsu." now you won't call decent sprinkling as more than couple of dozen ppl.

i think everything will clear in like 8 hrs now..