By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Final Fantasy is the best?

Final Fantasy VIII. I've never been more immersed in any other game's story as I was with this particular FF. However I've only played FFvii, FFviii,FFx and FFxii so some may say that FFvi for SNES is the best but I have no opinion on that one because I haven't played it. Also, FFvii was grounbreaking in its time but Overrated in my opinion. It does deserve it praise for doing things that hadn't been done at the time.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

id say FFX but mostly are gonna say FFVII

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

EaglesEye379 said:
VIII for me.

The best way to summarise this discussion is 'Another mans food is another mans poison'. I think this is one endearing factor of the FF series. Each one seems to have its own distinct personality and attracts a certain type of fan but keeping the overall epic JRPG formula.

Same here man. So many people seem to hate on this game and I can't understand why to save my life.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I'll let my tattoo do the talking.  

1. FFVII
2. FFX
3. FFIV
4. FFII (gba, psp versions not the original)
5. FFXII
6. FFVIII
7. FFVI
8. FFX-2
9. FFIX
10. FFIII (whatever version, its not good)
11. FFIV worst of all!

I´ve never played FFI and I really doubt I will ever bother playing it.

I also love FFT and Vagrant Story, I don´t like FFTA much, I dislike the FFCC series so far, FFVII: DoC is so-so, I liked FFVII: AC. Haven´t played FF Mystic Quest (it´s not FF to begin with) and never will. I will soon play FFVII: Crisis Core.

Around the Network

FF III

FF3(or 6) is the best FF ever made. There are no other FF games that even come close (FF1 might come close).

10! Tidus was a great hero and it had a very captivating story. I just never managed to complete it, but after 80 hours i was drained....amazing visuals as well (as it was the first PS2 FF)

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Thank you for making a separate thread for this, because this arguement ends up on ever thread involving jRPGs

Final Fantasy VI, then IX.

Awesome games.